CAT (Common Admission Test) is arguably the most important exam in India for students wanting to secure the coveted MBA seats in various management institutes of the country. It scores the candidates on the basis of their Quantitative Ability, Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension(VARC) as well as their Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR) skills. But that’s not enough! The most crucial aspect of CAT is that it is a test of the candidates’ speed and accuracy.
Success is where Preparation and Opportunity meet.
And this is exceedingly true for the CAT exam as it requires thorough preparation. The level of competition is quite fierce with more than two lakh candidates competing for seats in 20 IIMs and other renowned institutes such as FMS, DMS, etc. However, achieving success in such a scenario is merely tough, not impossible! It just requires a preparation plan focusing on the in-depth preparation of CAT syllabus along with a constant improvement of speed and precision skills. This can be done by self-studying or even by joining a coaching institute.
But the major problems that arise out of choosing any of these two paths are:
- Self-studying requires a lot of discipline and the lack of expert guidance can create problems when in doubt.
- Coaching institutes are often too expensive and not easily affordable by most candidates.
To solve these problems, GeeksforGeeks brings you the CAT Preparation Course 2019. This is a FREE course comprising of over 1500 questions on all three sections of the CAT exam along with 27 Sectional Mock Tests and 3 Full-length Mock Tests that will thoroughly prepare you for the CAT exam.
To learn more about it, read on…
CAT Preparation Course 2019 is an online course that will help you get ready for India’s most coveted entrance exam for management. CAT has three sections namely Quantitative Ability (QA), Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC) and Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR). The CAT Preparation Course 2019 will help you prepare for each of these sections individually and with nearly 2.5 lakh aspirants appearing for CAT in 2019, it will definitely provide an edge to your preparation strategy.
CAT Preparation Course 2019 will help the CAT aspirants track and improve the preparation through questions of various difficulty levels. There will be 3 full-length mock tests covering the whole syllabus of CAT. Tracks will cover the theory and quizzes related to all the topics while the Sectional Contests will have time-bound questions on those topics. The explanations for all the questions will be provided at the end of each quiz and tests. There will be 27 Sectional Mock Tests and 3 full-length Contests.
You are just a click away to begin your CAT preparation journey. Register now for the CAT Preparation Course 2019 course by clicking on the button below.
- Articles related to various CAT topics such as CAT preparation strategy, how to target each section and how to analyze the mock tests.
- Over 1500 questions for all the relevant topics.
- Topic Coverage expanding to all the three sections i.e. Quantitative Ability (QA), Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC) as well as Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR)
- 27 Sectional Mock Tests and 3 Full-length Mock Tests
- The course can be accessed from anywhere, anytime
- Detailed solutions for all the questions
- Free of cost
CAT Preparation Course 2019 provides a thorough understanding of all the topics that are important for CAT 2019. Details about this are given as follows:
The theory associated with each section is provided in the course. This includes:
- Important articles, blogs, etc. that cover the CAT pattern and syllabus.
- Targeted preparation strategy for each section.
- Suggested Books and study material for each section.
- Formulas, tips, and tricks for each topic.
2. Subject-Based Tracks
The three sections of CAT i.e. Quantitative Ability, Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension(VARC) as well as their Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR) are divided into 9 categories which are further divided into 27 tracks based on beginner, intermediate and advanced levels of difficulty for each of those 9 categories. An image that demonstrates this is as follows:
|Quantitative Ability||Number System|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC)||Verbal Ability|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)||Data Interpretation|
All of the tracks include theory, quizzes, and contests based on this division. There are a total of 27 quizzes as the 9 categories are divided into 3 difficulty levels. These quizzes just quiz the aspirants to make sure they understood the topics correctly and consequently don’t have any time limit. Each quiz contains 30 questions.
3. Subject-Based Contests
Subject-Based contests are available in the course which covers all the tracks from the three sections of CAT. There are a total of 27 contests as the 9 categories (given in the table) are divided into beginner, intermediate and advanced levels. All the contests contain 15 questions each but they have a different time limit for the 3 difficulty levels that are given as follows:
Time Limit for Beginner Level: 30 minutes
Time Limit for Intermediate Level: 20 minutes
Time Limit for Advanced Level: 15 minutes
4. Full-length Mock Tests
Three full-length CAT mock tests are available in the course that simulates the actual experience of the CAT exam. Each of these full-length CAT mock tests has 100 questions and a time limit of 3 hours.
The schedule for the release of various subject wise quizzes, contents and full-length mock tests are given below:
|Subject||Test Type||Total Number of Questions||Number of Questions per track||Release Date||Time Limit|
|Quantitative Ability Tracks (Number System, Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Modern Mathematics)||Quiz||450||30||1st August 2019||No time limit|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension Tracks||Quiz||180||30||5th August 2019||No time limit|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning Tracks||Quiz||180||30||9th August 2019||No time limit|
|Quantitative Ability Contests (Number System, Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Modern Mathematics)||Contest||225||15||19th August 2019||Beginner: 30 minutes
Intermediate: 20 minutes
Advanced: 15 minutes
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension Contests||Contest||90||15||23rd August 2019||Beginner: 30 minutes
Intermediate: 20 minutes
Advanced: 15 minutes
|Data Interpretation and Logical Contests||Contest||90||15||27th August 2019||Beginner: 30 minutes
Intermediate: 20 minutes
Advanced: 15 minutes
|CAT Mock Test 1 (Full-length)||Contest||100||NA||15th September 2019||3 hours|
|CAT Mock Test 2 (Full-length)||Contest||100||NA||30th September 2019||3 hours|
|CAT Mock Test 3 (Full-length)||Contest||100||NA||15th October 2019||3 hours|
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I register for this course?
Visit this link to register for the CAT Preparation Course 2019. In case you are not registered with Geeksforgeeks, you have to create your free account in order to register for this course.
- What do I have to pay for this Course?
You do not have to pay a dime! This course just requires your efforts and precious time.
- What is the duration of the course?
This course will start on 1st August 2019 and end by 30th November 2019. (The tentative date of CAT is 24th November 2019)
- Do the Contests have a predefined schedule?
Yes! Both the sectional quizzes and the contests are periodically scheduled. You may visit the above-given schedule table for details. Schedule and other descriptions are also given in the CAT Preparation Course 2019 course page.
- Will I get the explanations after attempting the Contests?
Yes, we will provide a detailed explanation after the contest completion. This will help all the CAT aspirants clear their doubts and improve their problem-solving skills.
- Who can I contact for queries regarding the course?
For any queries regarding the course, you may write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Placement 100 : Complete Interview Preparation package you must have this Placement Season
- CAT 2019 Preparation Strategy : How to Ace the CAT Exam in 4 Months
- Google Interview Preparation For Software Engineer - A Complete Guide
- How to Become a Data Analyst in 2019: A Complete Guide
- How to Become a Data Scientist in 2019: A Complete Guide
- How to Become a Full Stack Web Developer in 2019 : A Complete Guide
- Must have books for Placements Preparation
- What are the Daily Habits for Successful CAT Preparation?
- Google Summer of Code Preparation
- How I Handle GATE CS Preparation with College Studies
- Advantages of Online Preparation for Class 12 CBSE Board
- Live Classes for Data Structures and Algorithms: Interview Preparation Focused Course
- 10 Node.js Framework to be used in 2019
- 12 Reasons Why You Should Learn Python in 2019
- 10 reasons to learn Python in 2019
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.