Data Structures and Algorithms are one of the most important skills that every computer science student must have. It is often seen that people with good knowledge of these technologies are better programmers than others.
Choosing the correct data structure or algorithm to solve a particular problem affects a lot on the efficiency of the solution.
These skills not only help a programmer to land a high paying job but also to sustain and perform well in the Job. Let’s see how?
Consider the scenario of an interview, where two programmers A and B applied for a software developer role and were asked to solve the below problem.
Problem: Given a sorted array and a key to search. Check if the key is present in the array or not.
After the results are announced, programmer B got selected and programmer A got rejected.
What went wrong with programmer A?
The solutions of both of the programmers A and B were correct, but programmer B is found to be efficient and more proficient in using the correct data structure and algorithms to solve a particular problem given. The problem mentioned above takes O(N) time by the solution of programmer A whereas it takes O(LogN) time by the solution of programmer B.
With the increasing demands and competition in the software engineering industry, companies these days not only looks for hard working developers but also for developers who can solve a problem as optimally as possible to met customer satisfaction and are not afraid of paying high.
Some surveys conducted about the salary reports of software developers in India says that anyone who has a good and fair understanding of how data structures and algorithms work earns around 20-30 Lakhs per annum.
Data Structures and Algorithms free Online Courses
At GeeksforGeeks, we have a vast library of articles contributed by some of the renowned and good Competitve Programmers around the globe which is accessible for free at GeeksforGeeks.
Moreover, we also have some free online courses to learn and practice Data Structures, Algorithms, Programming Languages etc to prepare for coding interviews which can be accessed at GeeksforGeeks | Courses.
Some of our popular free online courses are listed below:
Course Name: Sudo Placement 2019.
Course Description: This course helps students to prepare for the Recruitment drive of product-based companies like Microsoft, Amazon, Adobe, etc with our free online placement preparation course. The course focuses on various MCQ’s & Coding question likely to be asked in the interviews & make your upcoming placement season efficient and successful.
The course has been redesigned by experts and boasts all new features like Discussion Forum, Doubt Assistance, Mock Tests and much more.
Course Name: Fork CPP.
Course Description: This course is especially designed for the CPP apprentices who want to hone their skills in CPP for Coding Interviews and Competitive Programming. No matter if you are a school student or college student, if you have the zeal of programming, this is the right time to start.
Course Name: Fork Java.
Course Description: This course is especially designed for the Java apprentices who want to hone their skills in Java for Coding Interviews and Competitive Programming. No matter if you are a school student or college student, if you have the zeal of programming, this is the right time to start.
Course Name: Interview Preparation.
Course Description: The course is designed for students as well as working professionals to prepare for coding interviews. This course is going to have coding questions from school level to the level needed for product based companies like Amazom, Microsoft, Adobe, etc.
Course Name: Must Do Interview Preparation.
Course Description: The placement season is coming! Are you ready? We are here to help you ace the interview with the last-minute preparation. This course is based on the most frequently asked questions in product based companies. It will help to boost your preparation for different interview rounds in tech giants.
The course will have programming questions from intermediate to advanced level.
Features of our free online Courses:
- All of the courses available for free are designed by our highly qualified team members who have a sound track record of solving complex programming problems.
- All of the above-mentioned courses are available for free and can be accessed from anywhere and anytime.
- Our free courses also contains periodic tracks and contests.
- The course contents are highly comprehensive and well organised which makes learning easier.
- Some courses also includes free certification upon course completion.
Data Structures and Algorithms Paid Online Course
Our latest online course series to learn DS & Algo is named DSA, which covers everything about Data Structures from Basic to Advanced.
This is a 10 weeks long online certification program specializing in Data Structures & Algorithms which includes pre-recorded premium Video lectures & programming questions for practice. You will learn algorithmic techniques for solving various computational problems and will implement more than 200 algorithmic coding problems. This course offers you a wealth of programming challenges that you may face at your next job interview. The course focuses mainly on Data Structure & Algorithms: the key to selection in top product based companies.
Key Features of the Course
- Well organised tutorials on Data-Structures and Algorithms prepared by the GeeksforGeeks Team.
- Premium video lectures by Mr. Sandeep Jain, Founder and C.E.O of GeeksforGeeks.
- Dedicated doubt solving team to assist you.
- Weekly Assessment Tests with Video Solutions.
- Performance-Based Certificate.
- Internship Opportunities at GeeksforGeeks.
- The courses are self-paced: Anyone can register anytime, make payment and begin the course.
And, many more.
The course is available in two versions:
- With Doubt Assistance: The price of the self-paced online DSA course with doubt assistance is INR 3,999. Click here to purchase your ticket.
- Without Doubt Assistance: The price of the self-paced online DSA course without doubt assistance is INR 2,499. Click here to purchase your ticket
- Learn Data Structures and Algorithms for your Dream Job with this online Course
- How can one become good at Data structures and Algorithms easily?
- Why Data Structures and Algorithms are "Must Have" for Developers and Where to learn them : Answered
- Data Structures | Misc | Question 5
- Difference between Stack and Queue Data Structures
- A Must Do Free Interview Preparation Course by GeeksforGeeks
- GRE Data Analysis | Numerical Methods for Describing Data
- Self Referential Structures
- Static Data Structure vs Dynamic Data Structure
- Abstract Data Types
- GRE Data Analysis | Probability
- Applications of Graph Data Structure
- Shannon-Fano Algorithm for Data Compression
- Program to multiply two Matrix by taking data from user
What Do People say about our courses?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.