- 1st round ( machine coding round)
Write down code in any language for a simple employee hierarchy which has 3 types of employees.
where an employee can have only 1 mgr, and a mgr has 1+ employees.
We were asked to input employee details(name, id, salary, rating etc) in any order (employees might be input before his manager), create the hierarchy and implement these functionalities:
- Print hierarchy given any employee/mgr/CEO (used an n-ary tree + hash table)
- Given a bonus and performance rating of each employee divide it to the lowest level employees(in the hierarchy ) in the ratio of their rating. i.e 100 divided among 2:3 is 40 and 60. and print the bonus of each ( simple recursive solution)
- Top 10 employees with ratio of bonus:salary (used maxheap)
Write working code, modular, extensible, corner case handling etc. was around 1.5 – 2 hrs
- 2nd round
discussion on your solution of the 1st round, how can you optimize it, then a review of the written code
- 3rd round
DS and ALGO
- Snakes and ladders problem
- Median in a stream of integers
- string searching (KMP / suffix tree was needed: not code just the logic)
- Given any language, you use libraries, which might use more lib etc. Find the order of building the libraries (Topological sort)
- Given a server with a stack with some initial state say 1 User can modify the stack using regular ops eg push 2, pop etc and each op causes a version change. i.e version 1 : 1 , version 2 : 2,1 , version 3 : 3,2,1 , version 4 : 2,
You have to design it s.t. person can ask for any version of the stack (keep copies every k times and keep the ops in nonvolatile memory)
- 4th round
- Design a new kind of an online poker game
- Give all entities and relationships in depth
- Further in-depth discussion of how to make it more HA friendly, how to
- Handle players crashing etc
- 5th round
- HM round
- In-depth discussion of projects and general questions eg when you disagreed with your mgr etc
The process was crisp and took place from 10 AM – 5 PM on a weekend in Bangalore
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.