In Set 1, we have discussed general approach for counting the patterns of the form 1(0+)1 where (0+) represents any non-empty consecutive sequence of 0’s.In this post, we will discuss regular expression approach to count the same.
Input : 1101001 Output : 2 Input : 100001abc101 Output : 2
Below is one of the regular expression for above pattern
Hence, whenever we found a match, we increase counter for counting the pattern.As last character of a match will always ‘1’, we have to again start searching from that index.
Related Articles :
- Regular Expression Java
- Extracting each word from a String using Regex
- Check if a given string is a valid number (Integer or Floating Point)
- Print first letter of each word in a string using regex
This article is contributed by Gaurav Miglani. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Find all the patterns of "1(0+)1" in a given string | SET 1(General Approach)
- Check if a binary string has a 0 between 1s or not | Set 2 (Regular Expression Approach)
- Check if a given string is a valid number (Integer or Floating Point) in Java | SET 2 (Regular Expression approach)
- Solve the Logical Expression given by string
- Check if a binary string has a 0 between 1s or not | Set 1 (General approach)
- Evaluate a boolean expression represented as string
- Extract maximum numeric value from a given string | Set 2 (Regex approach)
- Extract maximum numeric value from a given string | Set 1 (General approach)
- Check if a string contains only alphabets in Java using Lambda expression
- Check if a given string is a valid number (Integer or Floating Point) | SET 1(Basic approach)
- Find index of closing bracket for a given opening bracket in an expression
- Find the longest sub-string which is prefix, suffix and also present inside the string
- String Range Queries to find the number of subsets equal to a given String
- Given a string and an integer k, find the kth sub-string when all the sub-strings are sorted according to the given condition
- Find the character in first string that is present at minimum index in second string