Given a string of 0 and 1, we need to check that the given string is valid or not. The given string is valid when there is no zero is present in between 1’s. For example, 1111, 0000111110, 1111000 are valid strings but 01010011, 01010, 101 are not.
Input : 100 Output : VALID Input : 1110001 Output : NOT VALID There is 0 between 1s Input : 00011 Output : VALID
As we know that in a string if there is zero between 1’s, than string is not valid.Hence below is one of the regular expression for invalid string pattern.
So here is the simple regex algorithm.
- Loop over the matcher(string)
- if above regex match is find in the matcher, then string is not valid, otherwise valid.
This article is contributed by Gaurav Miglani. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Check if a given string is a valid number (Integer or Floating Point) in Java | SET 2 (Regular Expression approach)
- Find all the patterns of "1(0+)1" in a given string | SET 2(Regular Expression Approach)
- How to check string is alphanumeric or not using Regular Expression
- Check if a binary string has a 0 between 1s or not | Set 1 (General approach)
- Check if an URL is valid or not using Regular Expression
- How to check Aadhar number is valid or not using Regular Expression
- Check if a string contains only alphabets in Java using Lambda expression
- How to validate a domain name using Regular Expression
- How to validate CVV number using Regular Expression
- How to validate MAC address using Regular Expression
- How to validate HTML tag using Regular Expression
- Check if a given string is a valid number (Integer or Floating Point) | SET 1(Basic approach)
- How to validate pin code of India using Regular Expression
- Validating Roman Numerals Using Regular expression
- How to validate PAN Card number using Regular Expression
- How to validate IFSC Code using Regular Expression
- How to validate MasterCard number using Regular Expression
- How to validate identifier using Regular Expression in Java
- std::regex_match, std::regex_replace() | Regex (Regular Expression) In C++
- Remove duplicate words from Sentence using Regular Expression