Given a string, remove the vowels from the string and print the string without vowels.
Input : welcome to geeksforgeeks Output : wlcm t gksfrgks Input : what is your name ? Output : wht s yr nm ?
A loop is designed that goes through a list composed of the characters of that string, removes the vowels and then joins them.
GksfrGks - A Cmptr Scnc Prtl fr Gks
We can improve the above solution by using Regular Expressions in Java.
This article is contributed by Pramod Kumar. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Remove consecutive vowels from string
- Program to count vowels in a string (Iterative and Recursive)
- Python program to count number of vowels using sets in given string
- Program to count vowels, consonant, digits and special characters in string.
- C++ Program to remove spaces from a string
- Program to remove consonants from a String
- Modify the string such that it contains all vowels at least once
- Reverse vowels in a given string
- Modify string by removing vowels in between two consonants
- Check whether the vowels in a string are in alphabetical order or not
- Replace all consonants with nearest vowels in a string
- Print reverse string after removing vowels
- Count the number of vowels occurred in the substrings of given string
- Encrypt string with product of number of vowels and consonants in substring of size k
- Remove characters from the first string which are present in the second string