A string contains patterns of the form 1(0+)1 where (0+) represents any non-empty consecutive sequence of 0’s. Count all such patterns. The patterns are allowed to overlap.
Note : It contains digits and lowercase characters only. The string is not necessarily a binary. 100201 is not a valid pattern.
One approach to solve the problem is discussed here, other using Regular expressions is given in Set 2
Input : 1101001 Output : 2 Input : 100001abc101 Output : 2
Let size of input string be n.
1. Iterate through index ‘0’ to ‘n-1’.
2. If we encounter a ‘1’, we iterate till the elements are ‘0’.
3. After the stream of zeros ends, we check whether we encounter a ‘1’ or not.
4. Keep on doing this till we reach the end of string.
Below is the implementation of the above method.
This article is contributed by Rohit Thapliyal. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Find all the patterns of "1(0+)1" in a given string | SET 2(Regular Expression Approach)
- Check if a binary string has a 0 between 1s or not | Set 1 (General approach)
- Extract maximum numeric value from a given string | Set 2 (Regex approach)
- Extract maximum numeric value from a given string | Set 1 (General approach)
- Check if a binary string has a 0 between 1s or not | Set 2 (Regular Expression Approach)
- Check if a given string is a valid number (Integer or Floating Point) | SET 1(Basic approach)
- Check if a given string is a valid number (Integer or Floating Point) in Java | SET 2 (Regular Expression approach)
- String Range Queries to find the number of subsets equal to a given String
- Find the longest sub-string which is prefix, suffix and also present inside the string
- Find the count of palindromic sub-string of a string in its sorted form
- Find the character in first string that is present at minimum index in second string
- Given a string and an integer k, find the kth sub-string when all the sub-strings are sorted according to the given condition
- Find length of longest subsequence of one string which is substring of another string
- Queries to find the first non-repeating character in the sub-string of a string
- Queries to find the last non-repeating character in the sub-string of a given string
Improved By : nitin mittal