Given a string, extract the first letter of each word in it. “Words” are defined as contiguous strings of alphabetic characters i.e. any upper or lower case characters a-z or A-Z.
Input : Geeks for geeks Output :Gfg Input : United Kingdom Output : UK
First letter of each word from string "Geeks for Geeks" : GfG First letter of each word from string "A Computer Science Portal for Geeks" : ACSPfG
Next Article: Extracting each word from a String using Regex in Java
This article is contributed by Gaurav Miglani. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Get the first letter of each word in a string using regex in Java
- Extracting each word from a String using Regex in Java
- Check if a string contains only alphabets in Java using Regex
- Extract maximum numeric value from a given string | Set 2 (Regex approach)
- Length Of Last Word in a String
- Remove a given word from a String
- Print all possible ways to convert one string into another string | Edit-Distance
- How to validate an IP address using ReGex
- Print all unique words of a String
- Java | Removing whitespaces using Regex
- Regex Boundary Matchers in Java
- Java | Date format validation using Regex
- Count occurrences of a given character using Regex in Java
- PrintWriter print(String) method in Java with Examples
- Java program to print Even length words in a String
- PrintStream print(String) method in Java with Examples
- Java program to count the characters in each word in a given sentence
- Convert a List of String to a comma separated String in Java
- Collator equals(String, String) method in Java with Example
- Collator compare(String, String) method in Java with Example