Given a Binary tree and a number N, write a program to find the N-th node in the Preorder traversal of the given Binary tree.
Prerequisite: Tree Traversal
Input: N = 4 11 / \ 21 31 / \ 41 51 Output: 51 Explanation: Preorder Traversal of given Binary Tree is 11 21 41 51 31, so 4th node will be 51. Input: N = 5 25 / \ 20 30 / \ / \ 18 22 24 32 Output: 30
The idea to solve this problem is to do preorder traversal of the given binary tree and keep track of the count of nodes visited while traversing the tree and print the current node when the count becomes equal to N.
Time Complexity: O(n), where n is the number of nodes in the given binary tree.
Auxiliary Space: O(1)
- Construct Full Binary Tree using its Preorder traversal and Preorder traversal of its mirror tree
- Find n-th node in Postorder traversal of a Binary Tree
- Find the kth node in vertical order traversal of a Binary Tree
- Find Leftmost and Rightmost node of BST from its given preorder traversal
- Modify a binary tree to get preorder traversal using right pointers only
- Preorder Successor of a Node in Binary Tree
- Preorder predecessor of a Node in Binary Tree
- Check if a given array can represent Preorder Traversal of Binary Search Tree
- Kth node in Diagonal Traversal of Binary Tree
- Print cousins of a given node in Binary Tree | Single Traversal
- Find the Kth node in the DFS traversal of a given subtree in a Tree
- Find postorder traversal of BST from preorder traversal
- Iterative Preorder Traversal of an N-ary Tree
- Preorder Traversal of N-ary Tree Without Recursion
- Construct the full k-ary tree from its preorder traversal
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.