Talking about representation, trees can be represented in two way:
1) Dynamic Node Representation (Linked Representation).
2) Array Representation (Sequential Representation).
We are going to talk about the sequential representation of the trees.
To represent tree using an array, numbering of nodes can start either from 0–(n-1) or 1– n.
A(0) / \ B(1) C(2) / \ \ D(3) E(4) F(6) OR, A(1) / \ B(2) C(3) / \ \ D(4) E(5) F(7)
For first case(0—n-1),
For second case(1—n),
where father, left_son and right_son are the values of indices of the array.
Can't set child at 3, no parent found Can't set child at 4, no parent found A-C--F----
Note – Please refer this if you want to construct tree from the given parent array.
- Print Binary Tree levels in sorted order | Set 3 (Tree given as array)
- Complexity of different operations in Binary tree, Binary Search Tree and AVL tree
- Minimum swap required to convert binary tree to binary search tree
- Construct Binary Tree from given Parent Array representation
- Check whether a binary tree is a full binary tree or not | Iterative Approach
- Find Height of Binary Tree represented by Parent array
- Check if an array represents Inorder of Binary Search tree or not
- Maximum height of the binary search tree created from the given array
- Shortest path between two nodes in array like representation of binary tree
- Construct Binary Tree from given Parent Array representation | Iterative Approach
- Check if a given array can represent Preorder Traversal of Binary Search Tree
- Construct a complete binary tree from given array in level order fashion
- Convert a Binary Tree to Threaded binary tree | Set 2 (Efficient)
- Convert a Binary Tree to Threaded binary tree | Set 1 (Using Queue)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.