Given a positive integer K, a circle center at (0, 0) and coordinates of some points. The task is to find minimum radius of the circle so that at-least k points lie inside the circle. Output the square of the minimum radius.
Input : (1, 1), (-1, -1), (1, -1), k = 3 Output : 2 We need a circle of radius at least 2 to include 3 points. Input : (1, 1), (0, 1), (1, -1), k = 2 Output : 1 We need a circle of radius at least 1 to include 2 points. The circle around (0, 0) of radius 1 would include (1, 1) and (0, 1).
The idea is to find square of Euclidean Distance of each point from origin (0, 0). Now, sort these distance in increasing order. Now the kth element of distance is the required minimum radius.
Below is the implementation of this approach:
This article is contributed by Anuj Chauhan. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Queries on count of points lie inside a circle
- Radii of the three tangent circles of equal radius which are inscribed within a circle of given radius
- Find area of the larger circle when radius of the smaller circle and difference in the area is given
- Coordinates of rectangle with given points lie inside
- Check if a circle lies inside another circle or not
- Find the number of points that have atleast 1 point above, below, left or right of it
- Angular Sweep (Maximum points that can be enclosed in a circle of given radius)
- Number of rectangles in a circle of radius R
- Radius of the biggest possible circle inscribed in rhombus which in turn is inscribed in a rectangle
- Equation of circle from centre and radius
- Length of the chord of the circle whose radius and the angle subtended at the center by the chord is given
- Radius of the circle when the width and height of an arc is given
- Area of Equilateral triangle inscribed in a Circle of radius R
- Find intersection point of lines inside a section
- Find a point that lies inside exactly K given squares
- Find if a point lies inside, outside or on the circumcircle of three points A, B, C
- Check if a given circle lies completely inside the ring formed by two concentric circles
- Check whether a given point lies inside a triangle or not
- How to check if a given point lies inside or outside a polygon?
- Triangle with no point inside