Given a circle (coordinates of centre and radius) and a point (coordinate), find if the point lies inside or on the circle, or not.
Input: x = 4, y = 4 // Given Point circle_x = 1, circle_y = 1, rad = 6; // Circle Output: Inside Input: x = 3, y = 3 // Given Point circle_x = 0, circle_y = 1, rad = 2; // Circle Output: Outside
We strongly recommend you to minimize your browser and try this yourself first.
The idea is compute distance of point from center. If distance is less than or equal to radius. the point is inside, else outside.
Below is the implementation of above idea.
Thanks to Utkarsh Trivedi for suggesting above solution
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Program to find whether a no is power of two
- Program to find parity
- Find minimum number to be divided to make a number a perfect square
- Find whether a given number is a power of 4 or not
- Find Union and Intersection of two unsorted arrays
- To find sum of two numbers without using any operator
- Check whether a given point lies inside a triangle or not
- Find day of the week for a given date
- Given a number, find the next smallest palindrome
- Find the element that appears once
- Find the largest multiple of 2, 3 and 5
- Program to find amount of water in a given glass
- How to check if a given point lies inside or outside a polygon?
- Find the maximum distance covered using n bikes
- Find if two rectangles overlap