Given two numbers N and K. The task is to print K numbers which are powers of 2 and their sum is N. Print -1 if not possible.
Input: N = 9, K = 4 Output: 4 2 2 1 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 9 Input: N = 4, K = 5 Output: -1
Approach: The below algorithm can be followed to solve the above problem:
- If the K is less than the number of set bits in N or more than the number N, then it is not possible.
- Insert the powers of two at set bits into Priority Queue.
- Iterate in the Priority Queue till we get K elements, pop() the topmost element and
- Once K elements are achieved, print them.
element/2 twice into the Priority Queue again.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
4 2 2 1
- Find the sum of numbers from 1 to n excluding those which are powers of K
- Sum of fifth powers of the first n natural numbers
- Sum of first N natural numbers which are not powers of K
- Sum of fourth powers of the first n natural numbers
- Print all integers that are sum of powers of two given numbers
- Sum of fourth powers of first n odd natural numbers
- Sum of first N natural numbers by taking powers of 2 as negative number
- Count numbers in a range having GCD of powers of prime factors equal to 1
- Powers of 2 to required sum
- Represent n as the sum of exactly k powers of two | Set 2
- Representation of a number in powers of other
- Check if a number can be represented as sum of non zero powers of 2
- Print all prime factors and their powers
- Form a number using corner digits of powers
- Print powers using Anonymous Function in Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : abhi2286