Given two integers and , the task is to find the sum of all the numbers within the range [1, n] excluding the numbers which are positive powers of k i.e. the numbers k, k2, k3 and so on.
Input: n = 10, k = 3
1 + 2 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 7 + 8 + 10 = 43
3 and 9 are excluded as they are powers of 3
Input: n = 11, k = 2
- Store the sum of first natural numbers in a variable i.e. sum = (n * (n + 1)) / 2.
- Now for every positive power of which is less than , subtract it from the .
- Print the value of the variable in the end.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Sum of fifth powers of the first n natural numbers
- Sum of fourth powers of the first n natural numbers
- Sum of fourth powers of first n odd natural numbers
- Sum of first N natural numbers by taking powers of 2 as negative number
- Find k numbers which are powers of 2 and have sum N | Set 1
- Find the sum of numbers from 1 to n excluding those which are powers of K
- Print all integers that are sum of powers of two given numbers
- Count numbers in a range having GCD of powers of prime factors equal to 1
- Natural Numbers
- Sum of sum of first n natural numbers
- LCM of First n Natural Numbers
- Average of first n even natural numbers
- Sum of all odd natural numbers in range L and R
- Sum of squares of first n natural numbers
- Sum of cubes of even and odd natural numbers
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.