In this article, we will learn how to disable a button in kivy using .kv file, there are some places where we need to disable the buttons. Let’s see how to do that.
The Button is a Label with associated actions that are triggered when the button is pressed (or released after a click/touch). We can add functions behind the button and style the button.But to disable the button we have a property name :
disabled that must be true
this property will help in disabling the button i.e. button will be there but is of no use as it is disabled no functionality of button will work.
In this article we have used Relative Layout to set the position of both working and disabled button relative.
Note: disabled property was introduced in version 1.8.0. If you want to use it you need to actualize your framework.
Basic Approach to disable a button 1) import kivy 2) import kivyApp 3) import Widget 4) import Button 5) Set minimum version(optional) 6) Create widget class: 1) Arrange a callback 2) Define Callback function 7) create App class 8) create .kv file (name same as the app class): 1) create Widget 2) Create Button 3) Specify requirements 4) Disable button true if required 9) return Layout/widget/Class(according to requirement) 10) Run an instance of the class
.kv file implementation of the approach
Here, B1 is disabled and B2 is working.
- Disable Kivy Button
- Add image button using .kv file in kivy
- Python | Toggle button in kivy using .kv file
- Text Input box with a verification button in kivy (using .kv file)
- Python - Change button color in kivy using .kv file
- Python - Rounding button corners in kivy using .kv file
- Circular (Oval like) button using canvas in kivy (using .kv file)
- Python - Change kivy button size and position using kv file
- wxPython - Disable Button
- wxPython - Disable Radio button
- wxPython - Dynamically enable and disable tools in toolbar using button
- Use image as a button in kivy
- Python | Button Action in Kivy
- Change button Color in Kivy
- Change the size and position of button in Kivy
- Text Input box with a verification button in kivy
- Python - Rounding button corners in kivy
- Animated Floating Action Button in kivy - Python
- Floating Action type button in kivy - Python
- Python | Kivy .kv File
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : nidhi_biet