1. Bits :
It’s a single unit of information that has a value of either 0 or 1 (off or on, false or true, low or high).
2. Quantum Bits :
In quantum computing, a qubit or quantum bit is the basic unit of quantum information—the quantum version of the classical binary bit physically realized with a two-state device. A qubit is a two-state quantum-mechanical system, one of the simplest quantum systems displaying the peculiarity of quantum mechanics.
Difference between Bits and Qubits in Quantum Computing :
|1.||The device computes by manipulating those bits with the help of logical gates (AND, OR, NOT).||The device computes by manipulating those bits with the help of quantum logic gates.|
|2.||A classical computer has a memory made up of bits where each bit hold either a one or zero.||A qubits (quantum bits) can hold a one, a zero or crucially a superposition of these.|
|3.||Bits are used in classical computers.||Qubits(Quantum bits) are use in quantum computer|
|4.||Information is stored in bits, which take the discrete values 0 and 1.||Information is stored in quantum bits, or qbits. A qbit can be in states labelled |0} and |1}, but it can also be in a superposition of these states, a|0} + b|1}, where a and b are complex numbers. If we think of the state of a qbit as a vector, then superposition of states is just vector addition.|
|5.||For example, if storing one number takes 64 bits, then storing N numbers takes N times 64 bits.||For example, for every extra qbit you get, you can store twice as many numbers. For example, with 3 qbits, you get coefficients for |000}, |001}, |010}, |011}, |100}, |101}, |110} and |111}.|
|6.||Bits are slow.||Qubits are faster.|
|7.||Its circuit behaviour based on classical physics.||Its circuit behaviour based on quantum mechanics.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Program for conversion of 32 Bits Single Precision IEEE 754 Floating Point Representation
- Differnce between Android Toast and SnackBar
- 8085 program to move blocks of bits from source location to a destination location
- Introduction to quantum computing
- Difference between Supercomputing and Quantum Computing
- Rethinking binary with Quantum computers
- Conventional Computing vs Quantum Computing
- Difference between PAP and CHAP
- Difference between IP address and Port Number
- Difference between Linker and Loader
- Difference between CVS and GitHub
- Difference between white hat SEO and gray hat SEO
- Differences between SQL and SQLite
- Applications of Input/Output Interface
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.