1. Neo4j :
Neo4j is the most famous graph database management system and it is also a NoSQL database system which is developed by Neo4j, Inc. It is different from Mysql or MongoDB as it has its features that makes it special compared to other Database Management System.
Neo4j also stores and present the data in the form of the graph not in tabular format or not in a Jason format. In this the whole data is represented by nodes and there you can create a relationship between nodes which means the whole database collection will look like a graph, which makes Neo4j unique from other database management system.
2. PostgreSQL :
PostgreSQL is an open-source, very powerful, object-relational database system. It uses and extends the SQL language combined with many features that store and scale the most complex data workloads. Features of PostgreSQL include help administrators to protect data integrity, developers build applications and build fault-tolerant environments, and help to manage our data no matter how big or small is the dataset.
Being open-source software, its source code is available under PostgreSQL license, a liberal open source license. PostgreSQL also know as Postgres, was developed by Michael Stonebraker of the University of California, Berkley.
Difference between Neo4j and PostgreSQL :
|1.||It was developed by Neo4j, Inc.||It was developed by Global Development Group.|
|2.||It was initially released in 2007.||It was initially released in 1989.|
|3.||It is written using Java and Scala language.||It is written using C language.|
|4.||Neo4j server operating systems are Linux, OS X, Solaris, and Windows.||Its server operating systems are Free BSD, HP-UX, Linux, NetBSD, OpenBSD OS X, Solaris, Unix and Windows.|
|5.||Neo4j APIs and other access methods includes Bolt protocol, Cypher query language, Java API, Neo4j-OGM, RESTful HTTP, API, Spring Data Neo4j, TinkerPop 3.||APIs and other access methods include ADO.NET, JDBC, native C library, ODBC, streaming API for large objects.|
|6.||It does not support SQL.||It supports SQL.|
|7.||Its primary database model is is Graph DBMS.||Its primary database model is Relational DBMS.|
|9.||Neo4j is uesd by famous companies like medium.com., Stack, Fiverr, Fundamentei, Trendyol Group, double slash, ingsmen Software, GAPO, etc.||Famous companies like Apple, Macworld, Debian, BioPharm, Etsy, Fujitsu, Red Hat, Sun Microsystem, Skype, etc uses PostgreSQL.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Teradata and Neo4j
- Difference between Neo4j and IBM DB2
- Difference between Neo4j and CouchDB
- Difference between Neo4j and MariaDB
- Difference between Neo4j and Redis
- Difference between Neo4j and Couchbase
- Difference between Neo4j and Cassandra
- Difference between Neo4j and MySQL
- Difference between Neo4j and MS SQL Server
- Difference between Neo4j and MongoDB
- Difference between Neo4j and SQLite
- Difference between PouchDB and Neo4j
- PostgreSQL - Connect To PostgreSQL Database Server in Python
- Difference between PouchDB and PostgreSQL
- Difference between MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Difference between PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Difference between MariaDB and PostgreSQL
- PostgreSQL - Difference between CHAR, VARCHAR and TEXT
- Difference between SQLite and PostgreSQL
- Difference between Couchbase and PostgreSQL
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.