1. Neo4j :
Neo4j is the most famous graph database management system and it is also a NoSQL database system developed by Neo4j, Inc. Neo4j is different from Mysql or MongoDB as it has its features that’s makes it special compared to other Database Management System. Neo4j stores and present the data in the form of the graph not in tabular format or not in a Jason format. Here the whole data is represented by nodes and there you can create a relationship between nodes which means the whole database collection will look like a graph, which makes it unique from other database management system.
2. IBM DB2 :
IBM DB2 is a Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) product from IBM. It is made to analyze, store, and retrieve the data efficiently. DB2 product is increased with the support of Object-Oriented features and non-relational structures with XML.
Difference between Neo4j and IBM DB2 :
|1.||It was developed by Neo4j, Inc.||It was developed by IBM.|
|2.||It was initially released in 2007.||It was initially released in 1983.|
|3.||It is written using Java and Scala language.||It is written using C and C++ languages.|
|4.||Its server operating systems are Linux, OS X, Solaris, and Windows.||Its server operating systems are AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows, z/OS.|
|5.||Its license is open source.||Its licence is commercial.|
|6.||APIs and other access methods includes Bolt protocol, Cypher query language, Java API, Neo4j-OGM, RESTful HTTP, API, Spring Data Neo4j, TinkerPop 3.||APIs and other access methods include ADO.NET, JDBC, JSON style queries, ODBC and XQuery.|
|7.||Neo4j is data schema free and schema optional.||In IBM DB2 the data schema is Fixed.|
|8.||It does not support SQL.||It supports SQL.|
|9.||Its primary database model is is Graph DBMS.||Its primary database model is is Relational DBMS.|
|11.||It does not supports Partitioning methods.||It supports Sharding Partitioning methods.|
|12.||Famous companies like medium.com., Stack, Fiverr, Fundamentei, Trendyol Group, double slash, ingsmen Software, GAPO, etc uses Neo4j.||Famous companies like Wells Fargo, Citi, JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America, etc uses IBM DB2.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Cassandra and IBM Db2
- Difference between CouchDB and IBM Db2
- Difference between Couchbase and IBM Db2
- Difference between MS SQL Server and IBM DB2
- Difference between PouchDB and IBM Db2
- Difference between MariaDB and IBM Db2
- Difference between MySQL and IBM Db2
- Difference between SQLite and IBM DB2
- Difference between MS SQL Server and IBM Db2
- Difference between MongoDB and IBM Db2
- Difference between IBM DB2 and PostgreSQL
- Difference between IBM DB2 and MS SQL
- Difference between PostgreSQL and IBM DB2
- Difference between IBM DB2 and Maria DB
- Difference between IBM DB2 and MongoDB
- Difference between Elasticsearch and IBM DB2
- Difference between Derby and IBM Db2
- Difference between IBM DB2 and Amazon DynamoDB
- Difference between RDBMS and IBM DB2
- Difference between Redis and IBM Db2
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.