- Functions in JS are objects. They may have properties and methods just like another object. They can be passed as arguments in other functions.
- Can handle date and time.
- Performs Form Validation although the forms are created using HTML.
- No compiler needed.
AngularJS: AngularJS is an open-source front-end web development framework for creating web applications and has great functionality and support. It was released in the year 2010 by the angular team of Google. It is a constantly developing and expanding framework which provides improved methods for developing web applications. It mainly works on the model view controller (MVC) concept for building apps and supports both dependency injection and data binding features.
- Time saving: AngularJS allows us to work with components and hence we can use them again which saves time and unnecessary code.
- Ready to use template: AngularJS is mainly plain HTML, and it mainly makes use of the plain HTML template and passes it to the DOM and then the AngularJS compiler. It traverses the templates and then they are ready to use.
AngularJS (version 1.5) was replaced by Angular (Typescript) in 2016. They are completely different frameworks. Angular is currently at version 10.