- Functions in JS are objects. They may have properties and methods just like another object. They can be passed as arguments in other functions.
- Can handle date and time.
- Performs Form Validation although the forms are created using HTML.
- No compiler needed.
AngularJS: AngularJS is an open-source front-end web development framework for creating web applications and has great functionality and support. It was released in the year 2010 by the angular team of Google. It is a constantly developing and expanding framework which provides improved methods for developing web applications. It mainly works on the model view controller (MVC) concept for building apps and supports both dependency injection and data binding features.
- Time saving: AngularJS allows us to work with components and hence we can use them again which saves time and unnecessary code.
- Ready to use template: AngularJS is mainly plain HTML, and it mainly makes use of the plain HTML template and passes it to the DOM and then the AngularJS compiler. It traverses the templates and then they are ready to use.
AngularJS (version 1.5) was replaced by Angular (Typescript) in 2016. They are completely different frameworks. Angular is currently at version 10.
|1.||It was developed by Netscape.||It was developed by Google.|
|2.||It is a lightweight and object-oriented scripting language||It is an open source framework.|
|3.||It works on concept of dynamic typing.||It works on model view controller (MVC) concept for building apps.|
|5.||It does not supports dependency injection.||While it supports both dependency injection and data binding.|
|7.||It does not provide support for filters.||It provides support for filters.|
|8.||It is used for dynamic web applications.||It is generally suited for building large single page applications.|
- Difference between NodeJS and AngularJS
- Difference between Angular and AngularJS
- What's the difference between ng-pristine and ng-dirty in AngularJS?
- What is the Difference between Constructor and ngOnInit in AngularJS ?
- What is the difference between $watch and $observe in AngularJS ?
- Difference between declarations and entryComponents in AngularJS
- Difference between ng-container and ng-template in AngularJS
- Difference between Directive and Component in AngularJS
- Difference between Template and TemplateURL in AngularJS
- Difference between AngularJs and Google Web Toolkit (GWT)
- Difference between Bootstrap and AngularJS
- Difference between VueJS and AngularJS
- How to share data between controllers in AngularJS ?
- How to set, get and clear cookies in AngularJs?
- How to iterate over the keys and values with ng-repeat in AngularJS ?
- Interesting Facts and Features about AngularJS
- AngularJS Interview Questions and Answers
- How to Set navbar active class with Bootstrap and AngularJS ?
- How to add Google map and Marker to your Application using AngularJS ?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.