1. Impala :
Impala is a query engine that runs on Hadoop. It provides high-performance, low-latency SQL queries on data stored in Hadoop. It is an open-source software. It supports in-memory data processing. It is pioneering the use of the Parquet file format, a columnar storage layout that is optimized for large-scale queries typical in data warehouse scenarios.
2. HBase :
This model is used to provide random access to a large amounts of structured data. It build on the top of the hadoop file system and column-oriented in nature. It used to store the data in HDFS. It is open-source database that provides data replication.
Difference between Impala and hBASE :
|1.||It was developed by Cloudera.||Developed by Apache software foundation.|
|2.||Impala was released in 2013||HBase was released in 2008|
Impala is implemented using c++
HBase is implemented using JAVA
|4.||Linux is the only server operating system using Impala.||Linux, Unix and Windows are server operating system using HBase.|
|5.||It supports SQL such as DML and DDL statements.||It does not support SQL(standard query language).|
|6.||Triggers are not used in Impala||Triggers are used in HBase|
|7.||JDBC and ODBC are the APIs and access methods used in Impala.||Java API, RESTful HTTP API, Thrift are the APIs and access methods used in Impala.|
|8.||Replication methods used in Impala are selectable replication factor.||Replication methods used in HBase are Master-master replication, Master-slave replication.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference Between Apache Hive and Apache Impala
- Difference between Impala and Oracle
- Difference between Impala and dBASE
- Difference between Impala and MongoDB
- Difference between Derby and Impala
- Difference between Firebase and Impala
- Difference between RDBMS and HBase
- Difference between Hive and HBase
- Difference Between Hadoop and HBase
- Difference between HBase and MongoDB
- Difference between HBase and Cassandra
- Difference between PostgreSQL and HBase
- Difference between MySQL and HBase
- Apache HBase
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
- Difference between ++*p, *p++ and *++p
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.