CLI is that the word form used for Command Line Interface. CLI permits users to put in writing commands associate degree exceedingly in terminal or console window to interact with an operating system. CLI is a platform or medium wherever users answer a visible prompt by writing a command and get the response from system, for this users have to be compelled to kind command or train of command for performing the task. CLI is suitable for the pricey computing wherever input exactitude is that the priority.
GUI stands for Graphical User Interface. GUI permits users to use the graphics to interact with an operating system. In graphical user interface, menus are provided such as : windows, scrollbars, buttons, wizards, painting pictures, alternative icons etc. It’s intuitive, simple to find out and reduces psychological feature load. In GUI, the information is shown or presented to the user in any form such as: plain text, videos, images, etc.
Let’s see that the difference between GUI and CLI:
|1.||CLI is difficult to use.||Whereas it is easy to use.|
|2.||It consumes low memory.||While consumes more memory.|
|3.||In CLI we can obtain high precision.||While in it, low precision is obtained.|
|4.||CLI is faster than GUI.||The speed of GUI is slower than CLI.|
|5.||CLI operating system needs only keyboard.||While GUI operating system need both mouse and keyboard.|
|6.||CLI’s appearance can not be modified or changed.||While it’s appearance can be modified or changed.|
|7.||In CLI, input is entered only at command prompt.||While in GUI, input can be entered anywhere on the screen.|
|8.||In CLI, the information is shown or presented to the user in plain text and files.||While in GUI, the information is shown or presented to the user in any form such as: plain text, videos, images, etc.|
|9.||In CLI, there are no menus provided.||While in GUI, menus are provided.|
|10.||There are no graphics in CLI.||While in GUI, graphics are used.|
|11.||CLI do not use any pointing devices.||While it uses pointing devices for selecting and choosing items.|
|12.||In CLI, spelling mistakes and typing errors are not avoided.||Whereas in GUI, spelling mistakes and typing errors are avoided.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- What is the difference between GUI and CUI?
- Difference between GUI Testing and Usability Testing
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between Time Tracking and Time and Attendance Software
- Difference Between Single and Double Quotes in Shell Script and Linux
- Difference between ++*p, *p++ and *++p
- Difference Between DOS and Windows
- Difference between User Level thread and Kernel Level thread
- What’s difference between The Internet and The Web ?
- Difference between Priority Inversion and Priority Inheritance
- What’s difference between Linux and Android ?
- What’s difference between header files "stdio.h" and "stdlib.h" ?
- Difference between HTML and HTTP
- Difference between http:// and https://
- What's difference between MMU and MPU?
- What's difference between Microcontroller (µC) and Microprocessor (µP)?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : ashushrma378