Got a hiring opportunity for Technical Analyst post by participating in the Global coding Challenge 2019-20 organized by Credit Suisse.
1. Interview round through hirevue
There were a total of five questions. I had 30 seconds for preparation after a question is displayed and then 3 minutes to record your answer using your webcam. We can have breaks between any questions re-login and answer after some time, just finish all questions before the deadline.
- Why do you want to join a finance company
- Difference between pass by value and pass by reference.
- Different normal forms
- Difference between Thread and process.
2. Technical round(Telephonic Interview)
Some of the questions were asked to my friend so I have added them also.
- Interviewer runs through the CV and then “Tell me about yourself and your project”.
- Have you done any projects on Java?
- How was the Competition, how where the questions?
- Are you ever in a position where you work in a team and there is a person who doesn’t do much work? What was your role in a team and what was your impact?
- Have you come across a situation where you had an assignment and something changed in the last minute, what you did?
- What do you aspire to become?
- How do you approach to solve a problem?
- What is an immutable object in Java?
- What is the difference between array, set, and an ArrayList in java?
- What happens when an exception/error occurs in our program?
- Can you have a return statement in a try or catch block?
- Difference between LinkedList and ArrayList?
- If You were gonna write a program where you will use LinkedList or ArrayList?If there are many manipulations which one should you use?
- In data structure have you come across Typecasting? Two types comparable a= 20 and int b=30 how do you add these two? I didn’t know about comparable so he told let’s change it to object now how will you add it, upcast or downcast?
- Given 10 5 5 6 how to sort using bubble sort, how will you handle duplicates?
- Given a string find the first nonrepeated character.
- An array consists of elements 1 to 100 all are supposed to be unique but one of them is repeated find the repeated element.
- Difference between a linked-hashmap and a hashmap in java.
- Database ACID properties.
- OOP concepts like encapsulation, abstraction and their real-life examples.
- What happens when you enter a URL in the browser? (DNS related)
3. Discussion with a director (Telephonic Interview)
- You are already placed in the company ‘X’ then why you want to join Credit Suisse?
- How do you manage conflict in your day to day life? An example
- What do you think is more important as an individual or a team?
- A situation when you went beyond, to do a task?
- Do you want to go for further studies?
- Are you okay to relocate to Bangalore, Pune or Mumbai?
4. HR round(Telephonic Interview)
- How were the coding challenge and technical interview?
- Are you okay to relocate to Bangalore, Pune or Mumbai? Company will decide the location.
- Tell me about your family.
- Tell me about a situation when you were a leader or worked in a project together?
- Let’s say you are working in a team of 5 and a member of your team is a childhood friend of yours. He did a mistake which will lead to a huge loss to the company which might end up your friend losing your job. You are the 1st person to find out the mistake what will you do?
- If your friend tells you to do a transaction on your behalf will you do?
- You are already placed in the company then why you want to join Credit Suisse?
After a few days, I got an email that I am selected for the post.
- Credit Suisse Interview for Technology Analyst
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience | Set 19 (For Technical Analyst Post)
- Axtria Interview Experience | Set 3 (Technical Analyst)
- GOCC14: Google's Online Coding Challenge - New Grad (India)
- GOCC14: Google Online Coding Challenge 2020 - New Grad (India)
- GOCC15: Google SWE Online Coding Challenge Internship 2021
- Google Internship 2020 - Google Online Challenge(1st Coding Round)
- GOCC18: Google Online Coding Challenge 2020 - New Grad(India)
- Google STEP Intern Coding Challenge Experience
- TCS NQT Coding Questions & How Coding Task Evaluated in TCS NQT
- CAST Software Developer Hiring Challenge
- Wipro-Elite National Talent Hunt 2020 Turbo Challenge
- Google Online Challenge(MCQ's) Experience
- Google Online Challenge 2020
- Google Online Challenge 2020(MCQ)
- Google's Online Challenge for 2021 Intern (India) Experience
- Google Online Challenge for Summer Internship 2021
- GOCC15: Google's Online Challenge for Internship (India)
- GOCG13: Google's Online Challenge Experience for Business Intern | Singapore
- Sapient global market Interview Experience
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.