If you look for the superset and successor of the C language, you will find C++. If you are familiar with the C language and seeking to upgrade yourself in the world of the C language, this C++ programming tutorial is right for you. This C++ tutorial gives you a detailed overview of the basic and advanced concepts of C plus plus.
So if you are a college student or a working professional, bookmark this C ++ programming tutorial to upscale your programming skills. But before going in-depth with the C plus plus tutorial, let’s have a quick intro to C++ language.
What is C++?
C++ is a middle-level programming language that was developed as an extension of the C programming language. In the early 1980s, Bell Labs was an enhancement of the C language to provide support for OOPs (Object Oriented Programming Systems) and additional features.
C++ is an efficient and powerful language and finds wide use in various GUI platforms, 3D graphics and real-time simulations. Because of the inclusion of rich function libraries, working in C++ becomes simpler and convenient than C. Being object-oriented programming like Java, C++ provides the support of inheritance, polymorphism, encapsulation, etc. Unlike C, C++ allows exception handling and function overloading. Bringing in the important topics under one roof, this tutorial to C++ is a very efficient and convenient way to learn C++ from scratch.
C++ Tutorials – A Standard Hierarchical Approach to Learn C++
Why to Learn C++ Programming
Here in this section, we have listed some points to teach you why C++ is important and why you should learn this programming language as a coder.
- C++ supports the principles of OOP (Object Oriented Programming), including classes, objects, inheritance, polymorphism, and encapsulation.
- C++ is an appropriate programming language for systems programming and performance-critical applications. Basically, C programming supports low-level memory manipulation and direct hardware access.
- The STL, or Standard Template Library, in C++, provides a collection of template classes and functions for common data structures and algorithms, which helps simplify and accelerate software development.
- Although C++ is well known for supporting OOP, it also supports procedural and generic programming. This implies that you can write code in a variety of ways, depending on the requirements of your project.
- The ability to write and compile C++ code to run on different platforms makes it a flexible language for creating cross-platform applications.
- Developers have the freedom to create their own abstractions thanks to C++’s support for the creation of customized data types and operators.
- It is widely used in many different fields, such as systems programming, game development, embedded systems, and more. C++ has a sizable and vibrant user community.
Evolution of C Language
To improve the features and libraries, the C language evolved over the years, e.g., C++98, C++11, C++14, C++20, and the latest one, C++23.
Prerequisites to Learn C++
While developing this tutorial, we also assume that you have a basic understanding of C language or any other programming language. Along with this, you will need to be familiar with some sort of tool and software.
- Text Editor
- C++ IDE
Uses of C++ Programming
Like other programming languages, C++ is also a widely used programming language, and here in this section, we are going to discuss the areas where C++ is used.
- Application and Software Development – C++ programming language is widely used in software development. Here are some of the most popular programs developed using C++ like Adobe Photoshop, Thunderbird, MySQL and the backend of Spotify is also developed using C++.
- Operating System Development – C++ is also used to develop major operating systems, like Mac OSX, Linux, and Windows. Apart from OS, C++ is also used to develop major web browsers like Mozilla Firefox and Chrome.
- Development of Games Engines – C++ is executing so fast hence, it is also used to develop gaming engines like Cube, Cry Engine 3.6, Cry Engine 4, 4A Engine, and many more.
Hello World Program Exercises using C++
Learn C++ by Examples
To up-scale your C++ concepts, this C++ tutorial listed down all the C++ practice examples: C++ Programming Examples
Jobs or Careers in C++
If we see the Statista report, then you will see that after Java and C#, C++ will be one of the most used programming languages in 2023. In the list of the most used languages, 22.42% of developers use this language. There are multiple companies seeking proficient C++ developers; some of them are listed below:
C++ Programming Tutorial – FAQs
Q1. How can I learn C++ by myself?
Learning programming languages like C++ is a little bit of a tough task, but one can easily learn it by themselves. You just have to do regular practice, code challenges, and create projects to build up your logical power.
Q2 What are the basic requirements to learn C++
Well, to learn C++, you must be familiar with any programming language, and if you want to know the detailed requirements to learn C++, then explore the article above.
Q3. Can I learn C++ easily if I know C
Yes, if you know the concepts of the C language, then learning C++ is much easier for you.
Q4. How long it take to learn C++?
Mastering C++ takes time, and it also depends on the time that you are giving to learn this programming language.
Whether you're preparing for your first job interview or aiming to upskill in this ever-evolving tech landscape, GeeksforGeeks Courses
are your key to success. We provide top-quality content at affordable prices, all geared towards accelerating your growth in a time-bound manner. Join the millions we've already empowered, and we're here to do the same for you. Don't miss out - check it out now!