Given a number N, the task is to find the count of X such that N XOR X == N OR X, where 0<=X<=N
Input: N = 5
For N = 5,
5 XOR 2 == 5 OR 2
5 XOR 0 == 5 OR 0
Thus, count is 2.
Input: N = 7
For N = 7,
7 XOR 0 == 7 OR 0
Thus, count is 1.
Approach: The idea is to convert given number to binary and then count the unset bits in it. 2^count gives us the number of X such that N XOR X == N OR X.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
$bit = $N % 2;
if ($bit == 0)
$N = intval($N / 2);
return pow(2, $count);
// Driver code
$N = 7;
// This code is contributed
// by ChitraNayal
- Count numbers whose sum with x is equal to XOR with x
- Count numbers whose difference with N is equal to XOR with N
- Count different numbers that can be generated such that there digits sum is equal to 'n'
- Count the numbers < N which have equal number of divisors as K
- Count pairs of natural numbers with GCD equal to given number
- Maximum count of equal numbers in an array after performing given operations
- Count numbers in a range having GCD of powers of prime factors equal to 1
- Count of Numbers in Range where first digit is equal to last digit of the number
- Count numbers < = N whose difference with the count of primes upto them is > = K
- Count pairs from two arrays having sum equal to K
- Count of quadruplets from range [L, R] having GCD equal to K
- Count number of integers less than or equal to N which has exactly 9 divisors
- Count minimum bits to flip such that XOR of A and B equal to C
- Numbers whose bitwise OR and sum with N are equal
- Count pairs in an array such that both elements has equal set bits
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.