With the growth of AI and Machine Learning, the power of face recognition is increasing day by day. It has a lot of applications one of which is face authentication. So, to configure face unlock in ubuntu we will use howdy which provides Windows Hello™ style authentication for Linux. It is open-source, written in python and currently available for Debian/Ubuntu, Arch Linux, and Fedora.
Step 1: To install Howdy we need to add required PPA for Howdy
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:boltgolt/howdy
Type this command and press Enter
Step 2: After installing PPA it’s good to update and upgrade system.
$ sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
Step 3: Now installing howdy
$ sudo apt install howdy
While unpacking it will ask for trying camera press “y” and enter
Step 4: To configure howdy, add your face, so howdy can recognize your face.
$ sudo howdy add
To see more configure options:
- Creating and Configuring Wi-Fi Hotspot in Ubuntu
- Configuring and Accessing Google Drive Account in Ubuntu
- How to use GIT in Ubuntu ? (Part -2)
- How to install, configure and use GIT on ubuntu?
- How to Install Chrome in Ubuntu?
- Interesting Facts about Ubuntu
- Get to know Ubuntu 18.04 LTS | Welcome Bionic Beaver!!
- How to install Apache server in Ubuntu ?
- How to Install and Configure Docker in Ubuntu?
- Installing and Configure vim Plugin in Ubuntu
- How to setup cron jobs in Ubuntu
- How to change login screen background in Ubuntu
- Creating custom domain name instead of localhost in Ubuntu
- LAMP installation and important PHP configurations on Ubuntu
- How to speed up the downloading of packages using apt-fast in Ubuntu?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.