With the growth of AI and Machine Learning, the power of face recognition is increasing day by day. It has a lot of applications one of which is face authentication. So, to configure face unlock in ubuntu we will use howdy which provides Windows Hello™ style authentication for Linux. It is open-source, written in python and currently available for Debian/Ubuntu, Arch Linux, and Fedora.
Step 1: To install Howdy we need to add required PPA for Howdy
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:boltgolt/howdy
Type this command and press Enter
Step 2: After installing PPA it’s good to update and upgrade system.
$ sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
Step 3: Now installing howdy
$ sudo apt install howdy
While unpacking it will ask for trying camera press “y” and enter
Step 4: To configure howdy, add your face, so howdy can recognize your face.
$ sudo howdy add
To see more configure options:
- Creating and Configuring Wi-Fi Hotspot in Ubuntu
- Configuring and Accessing Google Drive Account in Ubuntu
- How to use GIT in Ubuntu ? (Part -2)
- How to install, configure and use GIT on ubuntu?
- How to Install Chrome in Ubuntu?
- Get to know Ubuntu 18.04 LTS | Welcome Bionic Beaver!!
- Keyboard Shortcuts for Ubuntu | Set - 1
- Interesting Facts about Ubuntu
- How to install Apache server in Ubuntu ?
- Making an Alias to Shutdown Ubuntu
- Installing and Configure vim Plugin in Ubuntu
- How to setup cron jobs in Ubuntu
- How to Install and Configure Docker in Ubuntu?
- How to Install and Configure Fish Shell in Ubuntu?
- Creating custom domain name instead of localhost in Ubuntu
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.