Cohesity (Site Reliability Engineer) On-Campus Interview Experience
Cohesity is a software company that works on enterprise storage backup. Cohesity visited our college for the first time for the role of Site Reliability Engineer. I have to go through 1 online test and 4 rounds of face to face interviews.
Round 1 (Technical):
- How the data is stored in HDD?
- Meaning of GNU in GNU/Linux?
- What happens when you enter “www.google.com” on your browser?
- Explain OSI Layers in Networking.
- What happens to the data when you delete on your computer?
- When you connect external HDD to your laptop, how does the data transfer to HDD?
- Does your smartphone have a CPU ? How many cores does it have?
Round 2 (Technical):
- Explain DHCP protocol and why is it used in networking?
- Explain ARP and RARP.
- What are firmware and use of it?
- Explain your projects and questions about the project.
- Difference between a switch and a router.
- Have you ever crashed your laptop/computer? How did you fix it?
Round 3 (Techno Managerial):
- Problem statement: A file contains the names of other file names in this(a.txt, b.txt, c.txt, d.txt…….z.txt) format. Write a python or bash script to reverse the names in the file. Format of the reversed file is (txt.a, txt.b, txt.c, ………..txt.z).
- What is the difference between CPU and GPU?
- How will you set up your computer lab? What are the hardware and software required to do so?
- How will you troubleshoot if something goes in your computer lab?
Round 4 (HR Round):
- What do you know about Cohesity?
- Where are you from? Why Cohesity?
- What are your hobbies?
After completing all the rounds I was a bit nervous. When they announced the results, I was placed along with 2 of my college mates.