Round 1: Online Test on AMCAT
- There were 4 sections : Critical Reasoning, Data Interpretation, English Comprehension and Automata (2 Coding Questions)
- First 3 sections were of average level and last section had 2 coding questions like pattern printing, finding gcd, alternate sort, finding count of numbers which are present in one array but not in the other array.
- 41 got shortlisted after this round.
Round 2: Programming Ability Test (Hackerrank)
- There were 5 questions and time was 90 minutes
- Knapsack 0-1 Knapsack Problem
- Finding cycle in a linked list Detect loop in a linked list
- Find an index in an array such that the sum of elements at its left side is equal to the sum of elements at its right side Equilibrium index of an array
- 2 list of items with their prices were given. Find the no. of items which are present in both lists but with different prices.
- Constructor and methods had to be written. It was similar to the example in this link with class Shape. Overloading
- 33 got shortlisted after this round.
Round 3: Technical Round
- Tell me about yourself.
- What is the difference between concatenation of strings using ‘+’ and Stringbuffer. Advantages and Disadvantages of both and the instances where one would perform better than the other.
- Project Discussion
- If Serial no. has to be Primary Key in a Database, should it be stored in a varchar or number datatype.
- Some questions were asked about how hashing works and its uses.
- Toughest question which u have solved in Competitive Programming
- Which optional subjects have you studied till now (Operational Research and Graph Algorithms)
- How would you ensure efficient query retrieval in a Graph Database.(Related to Graph Algorithms)
- Puzzle Puzzle
- 16 got shortlisted after this round.
Round 4: HR Round
- Tell me about yourself
- Family background
- Why Cognizant
- Any problem with Relocation or Night Shifts
- All 16 were finally selected including me for the role of Associate at Cognizant
- This article is contributed by Ausaf Hussain.
- Cognizant Interview Experience | Set 4 (On Campus for Associate)
- Cognizant Interview Experience | Set 2 (On-Campus)
- Cognizant Interview Experience (On-Campus)
- Cognizant Off Campus Interview Experience
- Cognizant Interview Experience | Set 3 (On-Campus)
- Cognizant Interview Experience | BIT Mesra (On Campus)
- Cognizant Interview Experience | Set 1 (On-Campus for EBA-Automatika Profile)
- Cognizant Technology Solutions Interview Experience (On campus-2018)
- SAP Labs Interview Experience | Set 21 (On-Campus for Associate Developer)
- CGI Interview Experience (On Campus for Associate Software Engineer)
- Zendrive Campus Interview Experience for Associate Data Scientist
- Oracle On Campus Interview Experience for Associate Solution Engineer
- Sabre Interview Experience (On Campus for Associate Software Developer)
- Amdocs Interview Experience | On-Campus | Software Engineer Associate
- Amdocs Interview Experience | On-Campus for Software Engineering Associate
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.