Cognizant Genc Next Interview Experience 2020(Virtual)
Overview of the interview process at cognizant:
Cognizant offers two packages- GenC (Base package) and GenC Next(Higher Package).
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
Round 1: Online coding round conducted on AMCAT, which consists of 3 sections:
- Section 1-Aptitude questions: (level: easy to medium).
- Section 2-Code debugging: (7 questions): Language selection option available at the start, allowed languages where c++, Java, and Python. Also, the time for this section was 20 minutes, so it should be done with good speed and accuracy.
- Section 3- Essay Writing: Need to write an essay on a given topic in 150-200 words. The topic I got,’ Turning Points in your college life.’
Also, 25 out of 600 students(our college has huge strength), were selected for round 2, the rest were shifted for GenC interview.
Round 2 (Coding Round): The test was conducted on the AMCAT platform, which had 4 coding questions (2 easy, 2 medium ):
- Question-1: Given an array of 0’s and 1’s, transform(change 0 to 1 and vice-versa) the bit if the adjacent numbers are either, both 0’s or both 1’s.(Note: The left adjacent for the first index is 0 and the right adjacent for the last index is 0) (Difficult – easy)
- Question -2: Find Hamming Distance. (Difficulty – easy)(Link: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/hamming-distance-between-two-integers/)
- Question-3: Dp Question – Given a 2D matrix, find the maximum product sub-matrix with the first index(meaning: submatrix which always consists of the element at index (i=0,j=0) ) ). Need to print the maximum product. (Difficult- Medium)
- Question-4: Graph Question – Find the Number of Islands. (Link: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/find-number-of-islands/)
9 out of 25, were selected for round 3, the rest were shifted for GenC interview.
Round 3 (Technical +Hr Round):
- Interviewer: Introduce Yourself
- Me: Gave a brief intro.
- Interviewer: Why you choose CSE?
- Me: Told my interest in CSE.
- Interviewer: Tell me about your strengths and weaknesses in brief.
- Me: Answered
- Interviewer: Which projects have you done? (asked me about the project mentioned in my resume).
- Me: Gave an explanation of my android projects.
- Interviewer: Why you shifted from Android Development to flutter? (mentioned in resume)
- Me: Told the benefits of making apps in a flutter.
- Interviewer: What are transitions, do you think are required for a transformation from college to the corporate sector?
- Me: Answered
- Interviewer: What are the modern/ the latest technologies that are trending in IT?
- Me: ML, DataScience, IOT, BlockChain, etc.
- Interviewer: Can you give a real-life example of where Machine Learning is used.
- Me: Gave an example of a social media website.
- Interviewer: Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a co-worker who wasn’t doing his / her fair share of the work. What did you do and what was the outcome?
- Me: Answered.
- Interviewer: What are the skills required for an IT Professional?
- Me: Answered
- Interviewer: Do you have any questions?
- Me: Asked 2 questions
- Interviewer: Answered.
PS: Interview results were declared after 1 month and 7 out of 9 got selected for GenC Next, and I was one among 7 🙂