Given two integers, the task is to find the hamming distance between two integers. Hamming Distance between two integers is the number of bits which are different at same position in both numbers.
Input: n1 = 9, n2 = 14 Output: 3 9 = 1001, 14 = 1110 No. of Different bits = 3 Input: n1 = 4, n2 = 8 Output: 2
- Calculate the XOR of two numbers.
- Count the number of set bits.
Below is the implementation of above approach:
Note: No. of set bits can be count using __builtin_popcount() function.
- Maximum distance between two 1's in Binary representation of N
- Find two integers A and B such that A ^ N = A + N and B ^ N = B + N
- Distance between two nodes of binary tree with node values from 1 to N
- How to sum two integers without using arithmetic operators in C/C++?
- Detect if two integers have opposite signs
- Smallest of three integers without comparison operators
- Compare two integers without using any Comparison operator
- Bitwise recursive addition of two integers
- Find maximum XOR of given integer in a stream of integers
- Divide two integers without using multiplication, division and mod operator
- Check if given four integers (or sides) make rectangle
- Compute the minimum or maximum of two integers without branching
- Queries to find the count of integers in a range that contain the given pattern
- Number of mismatching bits in the binary representation of two integers
- Find the missing element in an array of integers represented in binary format
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.