Given two integers, the task is to find the hamming distance between two integers. Hamming Distance between two integers is the number of bits which are different at same position in both numbers.
Input: n1 = 9, n2 = 14 Output: 3 9 = 1001, 14 = 1110 No. of Different bits = 3 Input: n1 = 4, n2 = 8 Output: 2
- Calculate the XOR of two numbers.
- Count the number of set bits.
Below is the implementation of above approach:
Note: No. of set bits can be count using __builtin_popcount() function.
- Maximize distance between any two consecutive 1's after flipping M 0's
- Maximum distance between two 1's in Binary representation of N
- Find two integers A and B such that A ^ N = A + N and B ^ N = B + N
- How to sum two integers without using arithmetic operators in C/C++?
- Distance between two nodes of binary tree with node values from 1 to N
- Detect if two integers have opposite signs
- Smallest of three integers without comparison operators
- Bitwise recursive addition of two integers
- Compare two integers without using any Comparison operator
- Find maximum XOR of given integer in a stream of integers
- Check if given four integers (or sides) make rectangle
- Divide two integers without using multiplication, division and mod operator
- Compute the minimum or maximum of two integers without branching
- Number of mismatching bits in the binary representation of two integers
- Queries to find the count of integers in a range that contain the given pattern
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.