Cognizant Genc Next and GenC Elevate Interview Experience | On-Campus 2022
In the last week of August 2022, Cognizant organized a test for GenC Next where they were hiring for two roles GenC Next and GenC Elevate. The test scores will depend upon your selection of the two mentioned roles. Cognizant has told in their pre-placement talk that those students who are confident about any specific technology or skill and have certifications related to it can apply for GenC Next or else may participate in GenC hiring in the next month.
- 10th: 60%
- 12th: 60%
- Graduation/Post-Graduation: 6 CGPA
- Branch: MCA, BE, B.tech
Round-1(Skill Based Assessment): This round consisted of 4 sections.
1. MCQs: This section consists of Aptitude, Reasoning, English, and CS topics like OOPS, OS, DBMS, basic Web Technologies(HTML, CSS).
2. Coding: This contained 2 easy to moderate level programming questions from the initial DSA topics like Arrays and Strings.
3. Coding: In this round, 2 programming questions of moderate to hard level from the topics Trees, Graphs, Linked Lists, etc.
4. SQL Queries: Consisted of 2 SQL queries of moderate level.
- I was able to solve two programming questions completely and attempted all the questions.
- One week later, I got the list from the TPO and was shortlisted for GenC Elevate interview.
Round-2(Technical Round): After 15 days approx, I got a mail from Cognizant that your interview was scheduled for the next day. The interview has gone for approx 1hr 10 min. The questions were asked are:
- Hello, how are you and how was your day?
- Tell me your introduction in a way that will cover all your qualifications, projects, and certifications.
- Your preferred programming language? I told C++ for programming and Java for project development as I have done Android Application projects in my college.
- Difference between C and C++
- Difference between C++ and Java
- 4 pillars of OOP
- Difference between abstraction and encapsulation.
- Difference between JRE, JDK, and JVM.
- Why Java is a platform-independent language and what is bytecode?
- Situational questions like if a machine is having JRE but not JDK, it will run or not or vice versa.
- If a Linux machine is not having JDK but JRE it will run its applications or not.
- What’s the meaning of “static public void main”, if you remove static it will run or not, and if you reverse static and public it will run or not.
- Write code for reversing a number, reversing a string, and palindromic string.
- A long discussion on my projects.
- Tell me any two trending technologies in the IT sector.
- Two puzzles for testing reasoning ability.
- Any questions.
Suggestions: Read top interview questions of C++, Java, or whichever language you prefer and puzzles from GeeksforGeeks. Be relaxed and listen to the interviewer patiently, they’ll try to help you wherever you are stuck.
Round-3(HR Round): After 2 days, I got a mail that an interview was scheduled for the next day. It was only a document verification round where HR asked for:
- Soft copies of Aadhar Card, PAN Card, 10th & 12th mark sheets.
- Any location preference?
- Are you willing to do an internship from January?
- Any questions?
Verdict: After the one-month-long wait, finally, TPO send us the list of selected students and I was selected for the GenC Elevate role.