Cognizant Genc Elevate Interview Experience | On-Campus 2021
Round 1: Online Round
There was 15 MCQ’s, 3 coding question and 1 SQL query. The time limit for this round was 100 minutes. MCQ’s were focused on
- Data Structures
- Output-based questions
2 coding questions were of easy level (based on arrays ) and 3rd one was to construct a tree from in order and preorder traversals and return level order traversal of that tree. SQL query was based on joins.
Round 2: Technical Interview
The interviewer introduced herself and then asked me to introduce myself. She asked the following questions
- what all subjects you studied in 3 years of your college?
- What are data structures?
- Linear and non-linear data structures and differences between them.
- She asked which programming language I am comfortable with, I said python.
- What is the difference between list and tuple?
- How many ways are there to copy objects in python? ( deep and shallow copy)
- What are decorators in python and why they are used?
- Data types in python
- Write code to print N Fibonacci number ( I was asked to code in compiler and to run my code )
- What is OOPS and how is it better than the procedural programming paradigm?
- 4 pillars of OOPS. Then she asked to explain any 2 of them
- Types of inheritance.
The interview lasted for around 40 minutes.
Round 3: HR Interview
- She asked me to introduce myself. Then asked if I am interested in the internship program offered by cognizant. Then asked me to share the screen and show Aadhar card, pan card, and 10th class mark sheet.