Arrays: An array is a group of like-typed variables that are referred to by a common name.
47 77 87 97
To read more about arrays please refer C# | Arrays
ArrayList: ArrayList represents an ordered collection of an object that can be indexed individually. It is basically an alternative to an array. It also allows dynamic memory allocation, adding, searching and sorting items in the list.
Ajay Ankit 10 10.1
To read more about ArrayList please refer C# | ArrayList Class
Difference Between Array and ArrayList
|Memory||This has fixed size and can’t increase or decrease dynamically.||Size can be increase or decrease dynamically.|
|Namespace||Arrays belong to System.Array namespace||ArrayList belongs to System.Collection namespace.|
|Data Type||In Arrays, we can store only one datatype either int, string, char etc.||In ArrayList we can store different datatype variables.|
|Operation Speed||Insertion and deletion operation is fast.||Insertion and deletion operation in ArrayList is slower than an Array.|
|Typed||Arrays are strongly typed which means it can store only specific type of items or elements.||Arraylist are not strongly typed.|
|null||Array cannot accept null.||ArrayList can accepts null.|
- C# | How to convert an ArrayList to Array
- C# | Copying the elements of ArrayList to a new array
- C# | How to copy the entire ArrayList to a one-dimensional Array
- C# | Copying the entire ArrayList to 1-D Array starting at the specified index
- Difference between length of Array and size of ArrayList in Java
- Convert an ArrayList of String to a String array in Java
- ArrayList in C#
- C# | ArrayList Class
- How to create the ArrayList in C#
- C# | Add an object to the end of the ArrayList
- ArrayList in Java
- C# | Getting an enumerator for the entire ArrayList
- C# | Adding elements to the end of the ArrayList
- Get first and last elements from ArrayList in Java
- C# | Adding the elements to the end of the ArrayList
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.