C# | Remove the first occurrence of a specific object from the ArrayList
ArrayList represents an ordered collection of an object that can be indexed individually. It is basically an alternative to an array. It also allows dynamic memory allocation, adding, searching and sorting items in the list. ArrayList.Remove(Object) method is used to remove the first occurrence of a specific object from the ArrayList.
- Elements can be added or removed from the Array List collection at any point in time.
- The ArrayList is not guaranteed to be sorted.
- The capacity of an ArrayList is the number of elements the ArrayList can hold.
- Elements in this collection can be accessed using an integer index. Indexes in this collection are zero-based.
- It also allows duplicate elements.
- Using multidimensional arrays as elements in an ArrayList collection is not supported.
public virtual void Remove (object obj);
Here, obj is the Object to remove from the ArrayList. The value can be null.
Exceptions: This method will give NotSupportedException if the ArrayList is read-only or has a fixed size.
Below given are some examples to understand the implementation in a better way:
The elements in ArrayList initially are : C C# Java C# PHP C# The elements in ArrayList are : C Java C# PHP C#
The elements in ArrayList initially are : Geeks Noida Classes GFG DS Algorithms The elements in ArrayList are : Geeks Noida Classes GFG DS Algorithms
- This method performs a linear search, therefore, this method is an O(n) operation, where n is Count.
- If the ArrayList does not contain the specified object, the ArrayList remains unchanged. No exception is thrown.