Data can be transferred between two computers using Socket programming in C.
Similarly, files can easily be sent using UDP protocol and a simple client/server.
Security: Handled by encryption.
Protocol : UDP
Encryption: XOR encryption
1. The server starts and waits for filename. 2. The client sends a filename. 3. The server receives filename. If file is present, server starts reading file and continues to send a buffer filled with file contents encrypted until file-end is reached. 4. End is marked by EOF. 5. File is received as buffers until EOF is received. Then it is decrypted. 6. If Not present, a file not found is sent.
The Server :
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between File Transfer Protocol (FTP) and Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP) in Application Layer
- XMODEM File Transfer Protocol
- UDP Client Server using connect | C implementation
- TCP and UDP server using select
- Why does DNS use UDP and not TCP?
- UDP Server-Client implementation in C
- Differences between TCP and UDP
- TCP and UDP in Transport Layer
- Various TCP and UDP ports
- Difference between SCTP and UDP
- User Datagram Protocol (UDP)
- Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP)
- Asynchronous serial data transfer
- Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) in Computer Network
- Principle Of Reliable Data Transfer Protocol
- Reliable Data Transfer (RDT) 2.0
- Reliable Data Transfer (RDT) 1.0
- Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP)
- Various Types of Transfer Modes in HDLC
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : shubham_singh