Position: Software Engineer
Online Assessment 1:
The test was conducted from home at AMCAT platform and it consisted of four sections:
- It consisted of basic english questions like usage of verbs, vocabulary
based questions and comprehension passage.
- It consisted of quantitative aptitude questions from time and work, Percentages,
Averages, Calendars, etc.
- This section was based on logical reasoning and consisted of questions from
directions, number series, etc.
- This was a coding section in which we were allowed to code in various
languages.There were two coding questions in this section.
One was a basic level string based question and the other
question was of medium difficulty.
Online Assessment 2:
Selected students were invited on-site.This was an online round and was conducted on-site
at AMACT platform.It consisted of two sections:
- One section consisted of simple computer fundamental questions.
It consisted of basic questions from DS, Algorithms and C programming.
- Second section was purely based on machine learning concepts and algorithms.
Two positions were opened for the candidates.
- The candidates who did extremely well in both the sections were selected for Research Engineer position.(20-30 students were selected)
- The candidates who did moderately well in both the sections were selected for software engineer position.(100-150 students were selected)
Onsite Interview : I was selected for Software Engineer Position.There were 2 interview rounds to be conducted.
- Tell me about yourself
- Tell me about yourself
- Search a number in a binary search tree and also tell the level in which it is present.
Areas to work upon while preparing for coding interviews:
- Understand the question properly asked by the interviewer
- Give various scenarios and the test cases and ask different
questions in order to understand the question properly.
- Ask the right questions to clarify your doubts.
- Analyze the problem clearly and write various patterns on the paper
- Try to find brute force solution first.
- Then tell the optimised solution and try to tell the solution logically.
- Also check for the edge cases while thinking about your solution.
- NULL checks, overflows and also check test the boundary conditions
- Practice on pen and paper.
Keep a smile on your face while giving an interview 🙂 All the best!!!
- Aspiring Minds Interview Experience | R&D Engineer
- Aspiring Minds Interview Experience | Set 1 (On Campus)
- Brocade Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Software Engineer 0-2.5 Years Experience)
- Arcesium Interview Experience Software Engineer (1+ year experience)
- Arcesium Interview Experience - Senior Software Engineer (3 years experience)
- MAQ Software Interview Experience | Set 8 (Off Campus for Software Engineer-1)
- Ongrid Software Interview Experience for Software Engineer(On-Campus)
- Akamai Interview Experience | Set 1 (For the role of Associate Network Infrastructure Engineer or Associate Network Operations Engineer)
- Oracle Interview Experience | On Campus for Application engineer/Server Technology Engineer
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 3 (For Backend Engineer, Experience <=1yrs)
- Dell Interview Experience | Set 5 (For Platform Software Engineer)
- Jabong Interview Experience for Software Development Engineer
- Quikr Interview Experience for Software Engineer Position in Bangalore
- Snapdeal Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Software Engineer 2)
- Myntra Interview Experience | Set 4 (For Senior Software Engineer )
- CouponDunia Interview Experience | Set 5 (For full time Software Engineer)
- Interview Experience with Yatra(Hyderabad) | Set 3 (For Senior Software Engineer)
- Snapdeal Interview Experience | Set 14 (On-Campus for Software Engineer 1)
- Snapdeal Interview Experience | Set 14 (For Software Engineer)
- Prop Tiger Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Software Engineer)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.