Amdocs Interview Experience | On-Campus for Software Engineering Associate
Amdocs visited our college to recruit for the role of Software Engineering Associate. The selection procedure consisted of 1 online round and 3 F2F interview rounds.
Online Round: The Online Round was conducted in an exam portal made by Amdocs. The Exam was of a duration of 120 minutes and it had questions from the following topics:
- Basic MCQ questions on Unix. The questions would seem easy if you are quite comfortable with using any Unix OS. Many questions were mainly based on common Unix Commands.
- MCQ questions on DBMS and basic SQL queries.
- MCQ questions on C++, Java program outputs.
- Very simple and basic MCQ questions on Quantitative Aptitude.
- MCQ questions on Logical Reasoning. This may take a bit of time depending on the question and your solving skills.
- One Programming question. The options for languages to use were C, C++, and Java.
More than 150 students appeared for the Online Test and 23 among them were selected for further interview rounds.
- 1st Round: The First round was very basic and simple. The interviewer asked me to tell about myself, asked for any location preference. Then he asked me to rate myself out of 5 on subjects like Data Structure and Algorithms, C++, Java.
I rated as following : 3/5 (DSA), 3/5 (C++), 2/5 (Java). He ended the first round by asking if I have any questions for him.
The key to the round was to answer every question with confidence and rate yourself with honesty. The round was of 10 to 15 minutes.
- 2nd Round (Technical Round): This round was of a duration 45 minutes which can vary depending on the candidate. The interviewer was very friendly and started the interview by asking to introduce me. The rest of the interview was totally technical and the questions were as following:
He asked me questions from the work that I did in my internship. As I worked in web development, the questions were mainly related to it, like:
- Explain the total functionality of one of the features of the website you developed. I answered it using diagrams, explaining the used data structures and related SQL queries corresponding to the feature.
- Explain Rest and where did you use it your project? Why do use APIs?
- What is HTTP? What HTTP requests are there and the differences among them?
Then he asked me a couple of basic programming knowledge related questions:
- What is the difference between C and C++? The interviewer asked me to point out differences not only based on the procedural vs object-oriented features but also the other points.
- What is the difference between reference and pointer? The answer demanded a conceptual explanation.
- Why do we usually not use references in C?
He then asked me if I was comfortable in Data Structures or not. I answered yes and was asked the following questions :
- What is a Linked List?
- How many types of Linked Lists are there?
- Write a program to find the first non-repeating character in a given string using C++ or Java syntax.
Lastly, he asked me a few questions on DBMS:
- What is Normalisation? Why do we need it?
- What is redundancy?
- What is Self Join? Explain with an example. Write the SQL query for it.
During the whole of the round, the interviewer was very helpful and rather than looking for theoretical answers he directed me to a path so that I can answer based on the concept. For this round, if you have kept your basics clear and have good and decent knowledge in Programming and other CS fundamental subjects then it will help you a lot to crack the round.
3rd Round (HR Round): This was the last round for the interview rounds. It lasted for 10 minutes and all the questions were basic HR questions like :
- How was your day?
- Tell me about your family background?
- Why do you want to join Amdocs?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
After all the rounds the result was declared and 7 people got selected. Thankfully I was one of them. I would like to thank GeeksforGeeks for being a constant guide for my placement preparation.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google , E-Litmus and Microsoft Test Serieses.My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up