Amdocs visited our campus in September 2020
- Eligibility: B.Tech, M.Tech & Dual ( CS & EC )
- Type (FTE/Internship): FTE
- Online Test
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview
ROUND 1 (Online Test): The online test was held on the HirePro Platform. It had different sections. The test included MCQ questions from SQL, Linux Commands, C/C++ programming (Conceptual Questions on Pointers, References, Storage Class, etc.), Logical Reasoning, Aptitude questions.
The other section was the coding round, where 2 SQL queries and 2 coding questions were there. The duration of this section was 45 minutes.
- Given a paper of size, A x B. Task is to cut the paper into squares of any size. Find the minimum number of squares that can be cut from the paper. Paper Cut into Minimum Number of Squares
- Given an array, divide it into two equal subsets, such that the difference between the sum of the elements in both arrays should be minimum.
Tips: Go through a few of the Linux commands and practice some SQL questions. Hackerrank has some good SQL questions of different levels. The aptitude and English section were easy.
ROUND 2 (Technical Interview): 35 students were shortlisted for the interview out of 60+ students. The duration of the interview was around 60-75 mins. The interview was held on the HirePRO platform, which had the option of pair coding.
It started with the question to rate yourself on C/C++ out of 10. They also had asked to rate me on SQL out of 5.
Below are some questions asked in the interview:
- Difference between overloading and overriding.
- Difference between void pointer and NULL pointer.
- What are function pointers? Write the code for it.
- Difference between truncate and delete (Must mention these 3 points – Rollback, speed, operation)
- What is Early binding and Late binding? Give Examples of both of them.
- Write the code to find the sum of digits of a number until the sum becomes a single digit. (It’s okay if you don’t give the most optimised solution) Finding the sum of digits of a number until sum becomes a single digit
- Write the query to get the 2nd highest salary in SQL.
- Write the query to get the count of students in each department in SQL (Given are students and department table)
- What is Grant in SQL?
- Asked a few Linux commands like, how to create a file in Linux, the difference between cp and mv commands.
- What is the Friend function?
- Difference between copy constructor and assignment operator? Write the code for it.
- What is a static variable?
- The difference in a static variable if declared in global and if declared inside a for loop
- The internal static variable vs External static variable with Examples in C
- You are given 10L, 5L, 3L empty water containers, and water source. Determine a way to measure 4L of water
- What is the next number of given series 7,10,8,11,9,12….
- What do you know about the company? (This question also matters a lot)
It’s better if you know java. but it’s not a significant deciding factor.
2 interviewers took the interview. They were really friendly. They gave little hints as well in between. They judge how much you are clear with the fundamental concepts in the primary language mentioned by you in the CV and must have a decent knowledge of programming. They don’t ask difficult competitive programming questions.
Tips: Go through all the interview experiences present in GeeksForGeeks. You will have a clear idea about what they ask in their interviews. Also, Know about the company and its work culture before the interview.
3. ROUND 3 ( HR ROUND )
Around 10 students were shortlisted for the HR round. The duration was around 10 mins. The interview was also held on the HirePRO platform.
Below are some questions asked:-
- Tell me about your family
- Asked about the class 10th,12th, and B.Tech marks
- One strength and one weakness
- Why Amdocs?
- Do any relatives present in Amdocs?
- Any previous offer?
- The Biggest achievement
- Location preference
- Any plans for higher studies
Tips: Listen properly in the Pre Placement Talk and mentions a few points from it. Be prepared with your answer to the above questions.
Finally, 10 students were given the offer. (6 B.tech and 4 M.tech)
- Amdocs Interview Experience | Set 4 (On-Campus Software Engineering Associate)
- Amdocs Interview Experience | On-Campus for Software Engineering Associate
- Amdocs interview Experience (On-Campus) for software engineer associate
- Amdocs Interview Experience | On-Campus | Software Engineer Associate
- Amdocs Interview Experience for Associate Software Engineer | Pool Campus at NIT Silchar | NIT Agartala | August 2019
- Amdocs Interview Experience for Software Developer Associate FTE (Campus Hiring)
- Akamai Interview Experience | Set 1 (For the role of Associate Network Infrastructure Engineer or Associate Network Operations Engineer)
- Oracle Interview Experience | Set 63 (OFSS for Associate Application Developer and Associate Consultant Developer)
- MasterCard Associate Software Engineering Interview Experience
- Danske IT Associate Software Engineering Interview Experience | On Campus (Internship + Full Time)
- MathWorks Interview Experience (EDG, Oncampus)
- ServiceNow Interview Experience Oncampus
- UHG Interview Experience | OnCampus- 2019
- InfoEdge Interview Experience | OnCampus-2019
- Accenture Interview Experience for Full Stack Developer(FSD) and Associate Software Engineer (ASE) | Off-campus drive 2020
- Telstra Interview Experience for Associate Software Engineer | Virtual Hiring 2020
- Navis Interview Experience ( Associate Software Engineer) VIT 2020
- Robert Bosch (RBEI/NE-EL) Interview Experience for Associate Software Engineer | On-Campus 2020
- Amdocs Interview Experience | On-Campus 2020
- Amdocs Interview Experience | On-Campus September 2020
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.