Round 0: (Written): 20 MCQs + 2 Coding Questions
- Given a string output reverse string (string could have multiple spaces between the words).
i/p: I am a proud Indian.
Indian proud a am I.
- Given a no in string format output another string which is the biggest no formed from using same digits , otherwise print -1:
i/p: 0000 132 4312 11 o/p: 0 321 432 -1
So the solution is : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12493591/given-an-array-of-integers-find-the-largest-number-using-the-digits-of-the-array
DAY 2: (Interview Rounds)
Round 1 (Technical Interview – 45 min approx.)
The Interview started with his introduction , what his department is , what do they do and so on.
- Given a link list of 0’s and 1’s sort it so that all the 0’s are at beginning and 1’s at the end. It had to be in-place.
You cannot swap values only pointers.Order of 0’s and 1’s was to be maintained . I had to write production level code for this with all boundary conditions checked!
- Given an array of 0’s and 1’s again and a variable k , print the size of the smallest window which contains exact k 0’s .
- discussion about the best optimised approach .
- I solved it by storing indexes of all 0’s and calculating min diff b/w every k elements.
Round 2 (Technical Interview – 1 hr approx.)
The interviewer asked me to introduce myself and then my projects.
- A person has to cross a road and with each step he either gains some energy or loses some (this info is provided as an array) . Find out the min amount of energy he should start with so that at any level his energy is not less than 1 ).
Simple question done in O(n).
- How to solve (a*b)%m , where all a,b,m are of the order 10^15. Modulo’s distributive property is one thing .
1st approach suggested was breaking the no’s to binary as solving for eg:- [ ( 2^5 + 2^3 + 2^0) * (2^5) ] % [(2^3 + 2^2 + 2^0)] is feasible, but he wanted faster approach.
I suggested O(lg b) approach using divide n conquer (recursive solution) .
- He asked me if I know about the data structure Trie , I had heard about it and its use but never implemented it. He explained a briefly what it is , then told me to code its structure , its functioning (finding / adding a new word) .
Then asked a few questions on it , some cases where it will falter , some more discussion on it.
Thanks Geeks ! Result – Selected 🙂
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
- MathWorks Interview Experience (EDG, Oncampus)
- ServiceNow Interview Experience Oncampus
- UHG Interview Experience | OnCampus- 2019
- InfoEdge Interview Experience | OnCampus-2019
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 167 (SDE I for 1 year 6 months experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 241 (1.5 years experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 242 (1 Year Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 243 (2.5 Years Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 248 (4.8 Yrs Experience for SDE II)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 391 (SDE-2, 5.5 years Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience SDE-1 | Amazon-WOW 2020
- Amazon SDE-1 Interview Experience | Amazon WOW-2020
- Amazon Interview Experience for SDE-1 | Amazon-WOW 2020
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 180 (Telephonic Interview )
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 249 (Telephonic Interview)
- Amazon Interview Experience | 401 (3+Years Experience for SDE II)
- Amazon Interview Experience (For Experience - 2.8 yrs) | SDE 1
- Amazon Interview Experience (SDE-1, 8 month experience, Refferal)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 287 (On-Campus)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 189 (For SDE-1)