Amazon Interview Experience | Set 185 (For SDE1)
Hi, Recently i was interviewed for Amazon SDE-1 Position in Hyderabad.There a telephonic round followed by 4 F2F rounds.
1. Inserting an element into a BST
2. A array is increasing and then decreasing find the point where it stops increasing.
Become a success story instead of just reading about them. Prepare for coding interviews at Amazon and other top product-based companies with our Amazon Test Series. Includes topic-wise practice questions on all important DSA topics along with 10 practice contests of 2 hours each. Designed by industry experts that will surely help you practice and sharpen your programming skills. Wait no more, start your preparation today!
F2F Round 1:
1. Replace all the elements in the array with its next highest element to its right
Expected O(n) Solution.
2. Given a binary tree and a value k. A path is called heavy path if the sum of the elements in the path (path from root to leaf) > k remove all the paths from the tree which are not heavy i.e., tree should contain only heavy paths.
F2F Round 2:
1. Given a array find all the triplets which satisfy the triangle preoperty(sum of 2 sides should be greater than third side)
Sol: sort then o(n^2 log(n)) using binary search.
2. Given a dependency where for example process p1,p2,p3
This means p1 starts once p2 and p3 are complete
p2 starts p3 is complete
p3 can start as it does not have any dependence.
Figure out strategy to find the order of execution of processes.
F2F Round 3:
1. Design a stack with push pop and find min operations in o(1) time.
Ans:can be done using 2 Stacks
2. Given an input string and a dictionary of words, find out if the input string can be segmented into a space-separated sequence of dictionary words.
F2F Round 4:
Discussion of projects and current work experience.
Diameter of a binary tree in o(n).
First devised o(n^2) then optimized to o(n)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.