Recently I am interviewed for Amazon SDE-1 position for Bangalore. There are 3 F2F rounds followed by a telephonic round.
1. Why do you want to leave your current company?
2. Why Amazon?
3. Find median in a stream
I told him min heap & max heap method, then he asked me who can you do it using trees.
4. There is a mxn matrix which contains only 1 & 0’s. You have to print the unique rows. I solved it using tries, then he asked why cannot I use hash map and asked to write the code using tries.
2nd F2F (Managerial Round):
1. Why Amazon?
2. Why leaving your current company so early?
3. Areas of Improvement , strengths & weakness
4. Given a prefix expression , convert into prefix tree and extended the qtsn for infix expression, time complexities etc.
5. Given a dictionary , and we have to query for anagrams for the word. extended the qstn to while typing the word we have to provide the autotype. Gave him a solun using tries.
1. In a stack pop fn will return you the value & pop the value and push fn will push the value into stack , so how do you implement top fn. asked for O(1) solun.
2. Write a fun to check whether a given tree is a BST or not.
Telephonic Round (Bar Riser):
1. Why Amazon?
2. Asked about current projects and college projects.
3. Asked me which is the best project I have done and asked me how do I improve its functionality, discussion went on this.
They will help you are struck just think loud.
Practice writing code on paper.
I thank GeeksForGeeks for this great work. 🙂
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Related Practice Problems
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.