Problem: We are given a 16 bit decimal number we have to print the number in octal format.
Input: d1 = 16 Output:20 Input: d1 = 123 Output: 173
- Load the value stored into register
- Divide the value by 8 to convert it to octal
- Push the remainder into the stack
- Increase the count
- Repeat the steps until the value of the register is greater than 0
- Until the count is greater than zero
- POP the stack
- Add 48 to the top element to convert it into ASCII
- Print the character using interrupt
- Decrements the count
Note: The program cannot be run on an online editor, please use MASM to run the program and use dos box to run MASM, you might use any 8086 emulator to run the program.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.