The eight queens problem is the problem of placing eight queens on an 8×8 chessboard such that none of them attack one another (no two are in the same row, column, or diagonal). More generally, the n queens problem places n queens on an n×n chessboard.
There are different solutions for the problem.
You can find detailed solutions at http://en.literateprograms.org/Eight_queens_puzzle_(C)
- Backtracking | Set 3 (N Queen Problem)
- Tug of War
- Backtracking | Set 1 (The Knight’s tour problem)
- Write a program to print all permutations of a given string
- Printing all solutions in N-Queen Problem
- Fill 8 numbers in grid with given conditions
- Power Set in Lexicographic order
- Prime numbers after prime P with sum S
- Smallest expression to represent a number using single digit
- N Queen in O(n) space