10 Interesting Facts About Computers
Computers have changed our lives in unimaginable ways. They have made our lives so much easier. Here are 10 scintillating facts about computers:
- The first electronic computer ENIAC weighed more than 27 tons and took up 1800 square feet.
- TYPEWRITER is the longest word that you can write using the letters only on one row of the keyboard of your computer.
- Doug Engelbart invented the first computer mouse in around 1964 which was made of wood.
- There are more than 5000 new computer viruses released every month.
- If there was a computer as powerful as the human brain, it would be able to do 38 thousand trillion operations per second and hold more than 3580 terabytes of memory.
- The password for the computer controls of nuclear tipped missiles of the U.S was 00000000 for eight years.
- HP, Microsoft and Apple have one very interesting thing in common – they were all started in a garage.
- The first 1GB hard disk drive was announced in 1980 which weighed about 550 pounds, and had a price tag of $40, 000.
- The original name of windows was Interface Manager.
- The first microprocessor created by Intel was the 4004. It was designed for a calculator, and in that time nobody imagined where it would lead.
Share your thoughts in the comments
Please Login to comment...