The simplest method to connect two computer systems without using the internet is through an ethernet cable. Once the connection is established the two systems can share files between them and also view and edit those files. In this tutorial, we will learn to step by step to establish a connection between two computers using an ethernet cable.
Follow the steps below to connect two computers using an ethernet cable:
Step 1: First check if the two selected systems support Ethernet cable.
Step 2: If anyone or both systems do not support ethernet cable then an external ethernet adapter is required.
Step 3: Plug one end of the ethernet cable in the first system and the remaining end in the second system.
Step 4: Once the ethernet cables are plugged in both the systems, open Control Panel. Press the start button and type control panel or press “ + R” and type “control panel” and press enter.
Step 5: In the control panel select the “Network and Internet” option.
Step 6: Then select “Network sharing center“.
Step 7: From upper left portion of screen select “change advanced sharing settings“.
Step 8: Under “File and printer sharing” select “Turn on file and printer sharing” option.
Step 9: Then click on “Save Changes“.
Step 10: To allow the two connected systems to view or edit shared data, a folder first needs to be selected and then click on the share tab then select the recipients then click on done.
Step 11: Now on the second system open file explorer, select the system who is sharing the file, enter the password if password protected.
Step 12: View the contents of the shared folder or edit them.
Note:This process can be done from and for both the computers.
- Classification of Computers
- How to Connect Two Monitors?
- How to connect multiple MySQL databases on a single webpage ?
- Different Ways to Connect One Computer to Another Computer
- Count all subarrays whose sum can be split as difference of squares of two Integers
- Check if two strings are permutation of each other
- Merge two sets in Java
- Probability that two persons will meet
- Program to find the number of days between two dates in PHP
- How to calculate the difference between two dates in PHP?
- Merge two arrays keeping original keys in PHP
- Return all dates between two dates in an array in PHP
- Space between two rows in a table using CSS?
- How to place two div side-by-side of the same height using CSS?
- Expected number of coin flips to get two heads in a row?
- Difference of two columns in Pandas dataframe
- Split a text column into two columns in Pandas DataFrame
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.