Viasat Interview Experience for Software Engineer
Round 1: Written Test
There were 3 sections namely, Reading comprehensions, Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation. There was section wise time limit. Questions were easy to moderate but the trick is to manage the time.
Round 2: Technical Round 1
- Language you are most comfortable in? For me it was Java.
- What are the different collections in Java.
- What is the difference between an interface and a class.
- Implement ArrayList using Arrays.
- Implement a queue using stack.
- 3 bulbs and 3 switches.( https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/puzzle-7-3-bulbs-and-3-switches/ )
- Defective bag of coins in one step. (https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/puzzle-bag-of-coins/)
Round 3: Technical Round 2 + HR
- Questions on internships and the projects done.
- What is OSI model. How is it different from TCP model.
- What is your interest area?
- Write the most optimized code for a prime number. ( https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/java-program-to-check-if-a-number-is-prime-or-not/ )
- Tell me about yourself.
- What does your father do?
- Why do you want to join Viasat?
For students from ECE and EEE background; they also ask questions on Digital electronics (flip flops, converters etc).
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google and Microsoft Test Serieses.