UPSSSC PET Syllabus 2024
UPSSSC PET Syllabus 2024: In sync with the official notification released for the examination, the Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Commission made the UPSSSC PET Syllabus accessible on its official website. The exam is conducted annually and serves as a means to recruit individuals for diverse Group C Category positions within the Uttar Pradesh State Government. Having a comprehensive understanding of the UPSSSC PET syllabus is of utmost importance in order to effectively prepare for and successfully pass the examination.
Before embarking on their exam preparation journey, individuals should prioritize acquiring a comprehensive understanding of the syllabus. With this consideration, let’s delve into the specific details of the UPSSSC PET syllabus 2024.
In this article, we have discussed the the UPSSSC PET Syllabus 2024, Exam Pattern, best book for the UPSSSC Exam in Detail.
UPSSSC PET Syllabus 2024 Highlights
The official website has published the official notification along with the latest UPSSSC PET syllabus. The syllabus for the exam presents a breakdown of the subjects that candidates need to study for the Preliminary Eligibility Test, which is applicable to different Group B and C positions. The summary of the UPSSSC PET Syllabus 2024 is provided below:
Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Service Selection Commission
Preliminary Eligibility Test for Group B & C various posts
1st August 2024
1st to 30th August 2024
To be Notified
Subject Wise UPSSSC PET Syllabus 2024
The UPSSSC PET syllabus includes a wide spectrum of subjects such as General Science, Indian History, Indian Constitution and Public Administration, Indian National Movement, Geography, and more. Its design aims to evaluate candidates’ knowledge across various crucial areas. The exam, conducted in a single stage, comprises 15 sections that span various subjects to assess the knowledge of candidates. Below is the UPSSSC PET syllabus for all these sections:
– Indus Valley Civilization
– Vedic Culture
– Maurya Dynasty
– Gupta Dynasty
– Rajput Period
– Sultanate Period
– Mughal Empire
– The Rise of the British Raj and the First Freedom Struggle
– Social and Economic Impact of The British Raj
– The Early Years of The Independence Movement
– Swadeshi and Civil Disobedience Movement
– Revolutionary Movement and The Rise of Extremism
– Legislative Amendment and The British India Act, 1935
– Quit India Movement
– Azad Hind Fauj and Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
– Physical Geography of India and The World
- Rivers and valleys of rivers
- Groundwater resources
- Mountains and glaciers
- Desert and dry areas
- Mineral resources
– Political Geography of India and the World
– Climate and Weather
– Time Zone
– Population Change and Migration
– Indian Economy from 1947 to 1991
- Planning Commission and Five-Year Plans
- Development of Mixed Economy-Private and Public Sector
- Green Revolution
- Milk Development and Operation Flood
- Nationalization and Reforms of Banks
– Economic Reforms in 1991 and the Economy Thereafter
– Post-2014 Economic Reforms
- Agriculture Reforms
- Structural Reforms
- Labor Reforms
- Financial Improvement
– Indian Constitution
- Salient Features of the Indian Constitution
- Directive Principles of State Policy
- Fundamental Rights and Duties
- Parliamentary System
- Federal System, Union, and Union Territories
- Union State Relations
- Judicial Structure, Supreme Court, High Court
– District Administration
– Local Bodies and Panchayati Raj Institutions
– Elementary Physics
– Elementary Chemistry
– Elementary Biology
– Whole Numbers
– Simple Numerical Equation
– Square and Square Root
– Exponent and Power
– Antonym Words (विलोम शब्द)
– SynonymWords (पर्यायवाची शब्द)
– A word for Phrases (वाक्यांशों के लिए एक शब्द)
– Gender (लिगं)
– Equivalent Words (समश्रतुभिन्नार्थकर्थ
– Idioms (महुावरे लोकोक्तियाँ)
– Common Errors (सामान्यअशद्ुधियाँ)
– Writers and Compositions Prose and Poetry (लेखकएवंरचनाएं-गद्यएवंपद्य)
– Large and Small
– Order and Ranking
– Blood Relation
– Calendar and Watch
– Cause and Effect
– Coding and Decoding: Numbers and Letters
– Negative Reasoning: Statement Analysis and Decision
National & International
– Neighboring Countries of India
– Country Capital and Currency
– States and Union Territories of India
– Indian Parliament, Lok Sabha, Legislative Assembly, and Legislative Council
– National and International Day
– World Organizations and their Headquarters
– Indian Tourist Destination
– Art and Culture of India
– India and World Sports
– Famous Books and Authors
– Awards and Winners
– Climate Change and Environment
5 Questions on each
5 Questions on each
5 Questions on each
UPSSSC PET Exam Pattern 2024
The UPSSSC PET Exam Pattern 2024 comprises a set of 100 multiple-choice questions to be answered within a two-hour period. However, candidates need to approach these questions carefully, as incorrect answers will lead to a deduction of 1/4th of a mark.
The questions in the exam are distributed across various subjects, with each subject carrying a specific level of significance. As per the UPSSSC exam pattern, the difficulty level of questions for topics ranging from 1 to 9 will align with the educational standards set by the NCERT for Secondary and Senior Secondary levels.
Indian National Movement
Indian Constitution & Public Administration
Logic & Reasoning
Analysis of Hindi Unread Passage – 2 Passages
Graph Interpretation – 2 Graphs
Table Interpretation & Analysis – 2 Tables
Books to Prepare UPSSSC PET Syllabus
For those preparing UPSSSC PET pattern, there is a wide selection of books available. Additionally, candidates can choose to purchase study materials, textbooks, and practice exams either online or offline. To prepare UPSSSC PET syllabus, it is important for candidates to make use of the latest editions of these resources:
BK Editorial Board
SP Bakshi/Arihant Publications
Preparation Strategy For UPSSSC PET Exam 2024
To excel in the upcoming exam, candidates should also review past years question papers and engage in mock tests. Valuable tips to prepare for UPSSSC PET Syllabus, designed to help candidates conquer the exam on their initial try, are provided below:
- Acquaint Yourself with the Exam
- Grasp the Exam Pattern
- Develop a Well-Structured Preparation Strategy
- Familiarize Yourself with the UPSSSC PET Syllabus
- Strengthen Weaknesses and Leverage Strengths
- Opt for Suitable Study Resources
- Master Concepts for Efficient Techniques
- Participate in Mock Tests
- Skillfully Manage Time
FAQs on UPSSSC PET Syllabus 2024
1. What is UPSSSC PET Syllabus 2024?
The UPSSSC PET Syllabus 2024 outlines the subjects and topics candidates need to study for the Preliminary Eligibility Test for Group B and C posts.
2. How many sections are covered in UPSSSC PET Syllabus?
The UPSSSC PET Syllabus 2024 comprises 15 sections that encompass a wide range of subjects.
3. Which subjects are covered in UPSSSC PET Syllabus 2024?
The UPSSSC PET Syllabus 2024 covers subjects like General Science, Indian History, Indian Constitution, Public Administration, Indian National Movement, Geography, and more.
4. How many questions are there as per UPSSSC PET Exam Pattern?
As per the UPSSSC Exam Pattern, the exam consists of 100 objective-type multiple-choice questions.
5. What is the duration of the exam according to UPSSSC PET Exam Pattern?
According to the UPSSSC PET Exam Pattern, candidates are given 2 hours to complete the UPSSSC PET 2024 exam.
6. Does the UPSSSC PET Syllabus change every year?
There has been no change to the UPSSSC PET Syllabus in recent years. There is very little chance that the UPSSSC PET exam syllabus or exam pattern will change significantly soon. Both have remained unchanged for a number of years.
7. Is there negative marking as per UPSSSC PET Exam Pattern?
Yes, there is a negative marking of 1/4th mark for each incorrect answer according to the UPSSSC PET exam pattern.
8. What additional resources can candidates use to prepare UPSSSC PET Syllabus?
To cover the UPSSSC PET Syllabus throughly, candidates can use preparation books, study materials, textbooks, and online/offline practice exams to enhance their exam preparation.
9. How can candidates manage their time effectively to complete UPSSSC PET Syllabus?
Candidates should engage in mock tests, practice time management techniques, and follow a structured preparation strategy to manage time effectively to complete UPSSSC PET Syllabus.
10. Will UPSSSC PET Previous Year Papers is useful for preparation?
Yes. Solving UPSSSC PET previous year papers offers valuable insights into the exam’s difficulty level, question formats, frequently asked topics from the past years, and other essential details.
Share your thoughts in the comments
Please Login to comment...