If it’s like you are working on a new artificial intelligence project and still have not decided which language you should use to program it, then you are at a right place.
Artificial Intelligence is a branch of engineering, which basically aims for making the computers which can think intelligently, in the similar manner the intelligent humans think. Here are the top languages that are most commonly used for making the AI projects:
Python is considered to be in the first place in the list of all AI development languages due to the simplicity. The syntaxes belonging to python are very simple and can be easily learnt. Therefore, many AI algorithms can be easily implemented in it. Python takes short development time in comparison to other languages like Java, C++ or Ruby. Python supports object oriented, functional as well as procedure oriented styles of programming. There are plenty of libraries in python, which make our tasks easier. For example: Numpy is a library for python that helps us to solve many scientific computations. Also, we have Pybrain, which is for using machine learning in Python.
R is one of the most effective language and environment for analyzing and manipulating the data for statistical purposes. Using R, we can easily produce well-designed publication-quality plot, including mathematical symbols and formulae where needed. Apart from being a general purpose language, R has numerous of packages like RODBC, Gmodels, Class and Tm which are used in the field of machine learning. These packages make the implementation of machine learning algorithms easy, for cracking the business associated problems.
Lisp is one of the oldest and the most suited languages for the development in AI. It was invented by John McCarthy, the father of Artificial Intelligence in 1958. It has the capability of processing the symbolic information effectively.
It is also known for its excellent prototyping capabilities and easy dynamic creation of new objects, with automatic garbage collection. Its development cycle allows interactive evaluation of expressions and recompilation of functions or file while the program is still running. Over the years, due to advancement, many of these features have migrated into many other languages thereby affecting the uniqueness of Lisp.
This language stays alongside Lisp when we talk about development in AI field. The features provided by it include efficient pattern matching, tree-based data structuring and automatic backtracking. All these features provide a surprisingly powerful and flexible programming framework. Prolog is widely used for working on medical projects and also for designing expert AI systems.
Java can also be considered as a good choice for AI development. Artificial intelligence has lot to do with search algorithms, artificial neural networks and genetic programming. Java provides many benefits: easy use, debugging ease, package services, simplified work with large-scale projects, graphical representation of data and better user interaction. It also has the incorporation of Swing and SWT (the Standard Widget Toolkit). These tools make graphics and interfaces look appealing and sophisticated.
- Difference Between Artificial Intelligence and Business Intelligence
- Top 10 Best Embedded Systems Programming Languages
- 8 Best Topics for Research and Thesis in Artificial Intelligence
- Top 5 Trends in Artificial Intelligence That May Dominate 2020s
- Top 5 Artificial Intelligence(AI) Companies in 2020
- Top 5 Artificial Intelligence(AI) Predictions in 2020
- Top Open Source Projects Using Artificial Intelligence
- Top Challenges for Artificial Intelligence in 2020
- 5 Best Programming Languages For Newbies
- Best 5 Programming Languages For a Getting a Job
- 5 Best Languages for Competitive Programming
- Top 10 Programming Languages of 2015
- Top 10 Programming Languages of the World – 2019 to begin with…
- Top Programming Languages for Android App Development
- Top 10 Programming Languages to Learn in 2020 - Demand, Jobs, Career Growth
- Top 10 Programming Languages for Blockchain Development
- Top 5 Programming Languages and their Libraries for Machine Learning in 2020
- Top 5 Most Loved Programming Languages in 2020
- Top Programming Languages for Data Science in 2020
- Top Programming Languages for Internet of Things
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : jahid_nadim