Given length of sides of equilateral triangle (s), and velocities(v) of each animal tagged on the vertices of triangle, find out the time after which they meet, if they start moving towards their right opposite, forming a trajectory.
Input : s = 2, v = 5 Output : 0.266667 Input : s = 11, v = 556 Output : 0.013189
To find the total amount of time taken for the animals to meet, simply take A divided by the initial rate at which two vertices approach each other. Pick any two vertices, and it can be seen that the first point moves in the direction of the second at speed v, while the second moves in the direction of the first (just take the component along one of the triangle edges).
Reference : StackExchange
- Area of circle which is inscribed in equilateral triangle
- Program to calculate area of Circumcircle of an Equilateral Triangle
- Program to calculate area and perimeter of equilateral triangle
- Area of a square inscribed in a circle which is inscribed in an equilateral triangle
- Minimum increment in the sides required to get non-negative area of a triangle
- Minimum time required to rot all oranges
- Minimum time required to produce m items
- Minimum time required to complete a work by N persons together
- Minimum time required to fill a cistern using N pipes
- Meet in the middle
- Probability that two persons will meet
- Divide an isosceles triangle triangle in two part with ratio of area as n:m
- Find if two people ever meet after same number of jumps
- Check if two people starting from different points ever meet
- Equilateral Triangles using Matchsticks
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.