Some of Time Functions are discussed in Set 1
Date manipulation can also be performed using Python using “datetime” module and using “date” class in it.
Operations on Date :
1. MINYEAR :- It displays the minimum year that can be represented using date class.
2. MAXYEAR :- It displays the maximum year that can be represented using date class.
Minimum representable year is : 1 Maximum representable year is : 9999
3. date(yyyy-mm-dd) :- This function returns a string with passed arguments in order of year, months and date.
4. today() :- Returns the date of present day in the format yyyy-mm-dd.
The represented date is : 1997-04-01 Present date is : 2016-08-02
5. fromtimestamp(sec) :- It returns the date calculated from the seconds elapsed since epoch mentioned in arguments.
6. min() :- This returns the minimum date that can be represented by date class.
7. max() :- This returns the maximum date that can be represented by date class.
The calculated date from seconds is : 1970-02-09 Minimum representable date is : 0001-01-01 Maximum representable date is : 9999-12-31
This article is contributed by Manjeet Singh. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.