Write a Python program to find the day of the week for any particular date in the past or future. Let the input be in the format “dd mm yyyy”.
Input : 03 02 1997 Output : Monday Input : 31 01 2019 Output : Thursday
The already discussed approach to find the day of the week for a given date is the Naive approach. Now, let’s discuss the pythonic approaches.
Approach #1 : Using
weekday() provided by
weekday() function of date class in datetime module, returns an integer corresponding to the day of the week.
Approach #2 : Using
strftime() method takes one or more format codes as an argument and returns a formatted string based on it. Here we will pass the directive “%A” in the method which provides Full weekday name for the given date.
Approach #3 : By finding day number
In this approach, we find the day number using
calender module and then find the correspoding week day.
- Find day of the week for a given date
- Python | Pandas PeriodIndex.week
- Python | Pandas Series.dt.week
- Python | Pandas DatetimeIndex.week
- Python | Pandas Period.week
- Python | Pandas Timestamp.week
- Python Program for Program to find area of a circle
- Python Program for Program to find the sum of a Series 1/1! + 2/2! + 3/3! + 4/4! +.......+ n/n!
- Program to check if a date is valid or not
- Python program to find the first day of given year
- Python Program to find sum of array
- Python Program to find whether a no is power of two
- Python program to find IP Address
- Python program to find all possible pairs with given sum
- C++ Program to print current Day, Date and Time
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.